Unlimited access >

Gelding with Big shoulders. AND High withers. Rambo T/O sheet too tight!,, :(( Any suggestions? I'm overwhelmed

Try eBay. Sometimes people buy a rambo the wrong size, and then they sell it on eBay for a lot less than the retail price.
Also tack stores will sell the rambos cheaper on eBay when the color is changed.
Years ago I bought rambo at retail. Then eBay taught me to buy off season and the “old” color when on sale.

Also, Tack of the Day often has HUG blankets & sheets on sale. They work great for this type of conformation.

Thank you everyone for such great suggestions!

I love high neck or combo neck Schneider for my guy. No seam across the withers and plenty of room in the shoulder

Adding Big D to the list. I’m obsessed for my big bodied paint (81" blanket and a hair under 16 hands-ie Corgi Horse LOL)

Thanks for offering! If I did get another, I’d buy an 84". They run so big, downsizing is recommended.

UPDATE!

So, the Weatherbeeta that I ordered has worked out almost perfectly ;)) Lots LOTS of room in the shoulders for my guy, more than any other sheet I’ve tried. I’m really liking the soft padding over the withers, too. If I had to quibble, I’d only say that it is a tad tight over the top of his neck (at the seam), but today after looking at him wearing it overnight, I’m no longer worried about it. It’s not that bad there. phew

I’m so happy. (I do want to say that, the Lami-Cell sheet I tried on him was a freaking AWESOME sheet. I totally would have gone with it but it did not have as much room in the shoulder as the Weatherbeeta does. The reason I really liked it was, it was majorly durable, and it had the most innovative stretchy area over the withers. Really cool. It also had interesting clips on the surcingles - no rubber rings necessary there. I was surprised it didn’t work for his shoulders because it has very high gussets, placed well enough in front, too - but my guy is “special” (rolls eyes) so he needed even more room).

Anyway, this is my good news :slight_smile:

Here is a link to the one I bought, and below the link is a link to the Lami-Cell that was really cool - I’m sure it’d fit most other horses. Weatherbeeta ComFiTec Dynamic Standard Neck Lite
https://www.statelinetack.com/item/w…56%2081%20PPL/

Lami-Cell Pro Fit Turnout Sheet (without hood)
https://www.equestriancollections.co…fit-0g-turnout

That’s great! I’m glad that the Weatherbeeta worked for you! It definitely worked for my guy who has similar fitting issues.

The Lami-cell does intrigue me. The Weatherbeeta also has a tougher version FYI. I can’t remember the name at the moment.

1 Like