Unlimited access >

Georg Schumacher alternatives?

I love GS breeches. They are one of the very, very few that fit me well and do not hurt (I had extensive abdominal surgery several years ago- makes clothing tricky). I have been able to grab a 26L pair off of eBay, but I’m having trouble finding any more, as they have been discontinued. Has anyone found a good alternative to/substitute for GS?

Try Tempi breeches. I think Dressage Extensions may still carry them.

I have recently found that Gersemi fit me very similarly to the old GS. You may also find success with older Trainer’s Choice. I wore FITS for quite a while because they seemed the least challenging to buy with confidence of fit.

Thank you! It seems that Dressage Extensions has phased out the Tempi breeches as well :frowning: But if anyone wears a teeny-tiny 22, the clearance pair is only $50!

I do have a pair of FS Trainer’s Choice that I like. I think I might try to find a low-rise pair next time to see if that works a little better. Thanks for the Gersemi recommendation! That is a new brand on me- but I like what I see so far online.

Any thoughts on Golden Dress?

Golden dress are great, according to a friend who has a pair.

Kentucky, Pikeur, Euro-Star and Arista would be the closest in term of quality similar to GS.

Pikeur and Cavallo became my go-to breeches when I couldn’t get Schumachers. I have a few pairs of Golden Dress and like, but don’t love them.

[QUOTE=ACAnderson;7127413]
Any thoughts on Golden Dress?[/QUOTE]

I like ‘em, and just bought a really nice pair on E-Bay. They and Trainers’ Choice have a nice hip and thigh allowance and don’t give you that “sausage casing” look and feel. Vintage Kentucky’s and Euro-Stars when you can find them are also great; 26 is a size that’s offered on E-Bay a lot, you’ll find some good ones right now! :slight_smile: