Unlimited access >

Getting a TB mare approved in other registries

Great to hear. Any in Ontario Canada you know of planned?

We did mare and stallion inspections this year and will be doing them next year as well. Rumors are false and silly LOL. There was some angst a few years ago with some individuals who broke off and wanted to start their own thing, but the ATA is still the only TK association in NA that is recognized by the Verband and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. To each their own. (and yes the ATA does like to infuse good TB blood into the breed :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Whereabouts are you located for the inspections?

I’m acottongim’s mother. I’m posting to let you know that Anissa passed away at the end of January, so this is the last time her name will show up on the COTH forum. To answer your question specifically, the ATA holds inspections across North America each year, the locations being based on where owners indicate they may have horses ready to be inspected. The first ATA inspection for 2021 will be held in March in Ocala, Fla. You can contact the ATA office at 386-776-1269, or find more info on inspections at www.americantrakehner.com. Anissa had a lovely TB mare inspected and approved in 2019; we’re just very sorry she won’t see the foal coming this summer. Best wishes.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry, I just learned this. My condolences :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thank you Anissa’s Mom. :hugs:

Anissa was loved and respected here and we were all very sad to hear of her passing.
She will be missed, even by those of us that only knew her from “speaking” with her on these forums.

She made such a positive impact on relative strangers. We admired her very much. I can only imagine the magnitude of your loss.

Our hearts go out to you, those who knew her well and loved her.

8 Likes