Unlimited access >

Getting Baby Hairs in Hairnet

So I was recently looking at pictures from my latest show, and realized all my little baby hairs were not in my hairnet, and I can’t seem to get them in to make it look more polished. Does anyone have any advice?

I expect the shape of your skull and hairline will have an impact on how well the hairnet sits on your head. Also different textures and styles of hair may produce more broken short fine pieces around the face. I’ve used the hair nets that are just a tube that you put around your neck and then pull up over your face and I feel like it swept everything up. But then I have a high forehand and even without a net all the hair around my face is hidden with the helmet. You could also try gel to sleek it back before you pull the net on.

Slick them back with gel and a bristle brush or spoolie. Spray them down with hard hold spray, then blast with a cold hairdryer to set. A wide stretch headband should keep the set until you put on your helmet.

2 Likes

I find that doubling up on hairnets helps with baby hairs. I use a regular one knot hairnet, tie into a ponytail in the back and then use one of the tube hairnets over it, which especially helps with the baby hairs on the back of my neck. Hope that helps!

1 Like

RWR hairnet for the win. Works easily for me and I’ll never use a different kind of hairnet!

3 Likes

I need to try the tube over the one knot - I never can get the super fine hairs at the base of my neck to stay up with just the tube. Thanks AOinCA.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I found that if I hairspray my hair and brush through it before I put my hair in my hairnet, then it helps everything stay. I also use two hairnets (I have waist-length hair) and place a bobby pin in front of and behind my ear it helps as well.