getting horse used to power wheelchair

last week my mare was swinging my power chair around by her neck.

how to you get a mare shes 24 used to power chairs?

Swinging it around??? What do you mean?

But for getting a horse used to it, you could do the same as for golf carts or carriages or other things - have her follow it around first, so she’s “chasing” it in her own mind. Then pass it, then it passes her, then do circles around it, etc. until she finds it less interesting?

Feed her from it. Works for any piece of equipment!

Same as any piece of equipment. Familiarity over time.

So introduce her in a safe and supervised environment.

Got to say that I’ve never come across a horse yet that struggles in any way to accept a wheelchair and especially not an older trained horse.

Precisely what are you doing and what is she doing?

im an idot

the quick release knot dont work thankfully i wasn’t wearing my seatbelt.

just about 150kgs of power chair land on my skull missed by less than 2 inch(5cm):no:

my manual chair is a totally different story shes fine with it.but my partner isn’t in the best health(picc lines and stables dont mix) so him pushing me is out of the question

[QUOTE=cyfskid;4944720]
the quick release knot dont work thankfully i wasn’t wearing my seatbelt.

just about 150kgs of power chair land on my skull missed by less than 2 inch(5cm):no:[/QUOTE]

You’re trying to lead her from it by tying her to the chair?

That seems like kind of a Bad Plan. If you can’t hold the lead yourself while leading her, I’d at least probably fix the lead in such a way that basically if she pulls at all, it’ll just release. (Because a loose horse is better than a loose horse with a heavy power chair attached to her head.)

Also, I suspect you really need someone able-bodied to help you get her used to things.

I’d probably start by having someone else in control of her and letting her sniff you and the power chair all over, then run the chair a bit so she can hear the noises it makes, but keep close enough that she can see and smell it’s still you and not OMG SCARY NOISY THING.

Then progress to someone leading her walking next to you.

Then someone leading her from your chair (if possible) so that if something does go wrong and they get dumped or something, they can, well, run away. Or stand up to control her.

THEN when she’s okay with all of that, lead her from the chair yourself. But not actually tied to the chair.

That’d be my approach, anyway.

ok here were we are at

we are going to be changing the chair set up so i can drive with other hand(the worse of the two) and lead with my better hand

Do be careful!!! It might be very helpful to have a third person (who knows about horses) help out with the introduction until everyone is confident the horse knows the job.