Unlimited access >

Getting Jarrett on a horse

Let’s make this happen for Jarret!!

12 Likes

it would be wonderful if we could make it happen, BUT he would have to start with walk/trot classes and someone has to have a patient schoolie for him to ride.

2 Likes

I love it when somebody gets bitten by the horse bug as an adult! Go Jarret!

7 Likes

I never got to ride as a kid. Only once in a blue moon ride horses at a public stable that put idiots (me) on horses. I was able to start riding thru a 6 week class at a community college. It NEVER occured to me to ride English before. I was instantly hooked. After a year or so, my trainer talked me into buying a horse. I had that horse for 29 years. Never sick or sorry. She was very plain and had a head as big as a Buick. Maybe someone will be the person to take him under their wing.

5 Likes

Is Jarret back in Lansdowne?
Anybody here there? Any good barns/trainers with a bombproof lesson horse?

1 Like

Love it! If I was nearby I would totally help. We need more Jarrets! Jarret, if you are ever near South Bend IN, PM me and I’ll get you on my beginner safe mare!

2 Likes

My trainer would love to put him up on one of her lesson horses. Unfortunately he’s a lot farther from here than Fair Hill is from Lansdowne. :frowning:

1 Like

And if you scrolled to the comments, Jarret commented ( maybe a way to communicate with him), so I would Love to see if we can rally behind him and get him in a school horse.

2 Likes

I’m in.

1 Like

Jarrett on FB

1 Like

I grew up in Lansdowne as a kid, am living proof you can get to horses from there. I don’t know how my mom found them, it’s not a horsey place.

Northwestern Stables and Chamonix Stables, both in Fairmount Park in Philadelphia, have adult beginner lessons, and I think so does Main Line School night, which uses the indoor at Valley Forge Military Academy. I’m sure there’s others, they’re just the ones I know of.

2 Likes

Good news!
Can you post about them on Jarret’s FB page or PM him?

1 Like

I was kind of disappointed and saddened watching the video on Jarret’s FB page. The article about him at the event played up the riders’ appreciation of and friendliness towards him; the video didn’t show so much camaraderie. I felt bad for him.
Still, if he really wants to learn to ride, I really want to do whatever I can to get him there. I’m hundreds of miles from PA and MD but any virtual help I can give, I’d like to try.
Anyone here close to any of those barns @halla mentioned?
I’d hate to see this just all disappear.

1 Like