Unlimited access >

Gifts for Horsey Friends

Okay COTH hive -mind, please help me with gifts. My 2 BFF’s and I always do a Xmas dinner night out and gift exchange. I usually like to give experiences more than things but friend #1’s husband is deployed for a year and it’s hard for her to schedule time away because she has 2 littles and friend #2 is waiting on 2 grandbabies to be born within the next 2 months.
Sooooo, I would like to keep it under $100 each, maybe be semi-personalized but able to have in hand before Christmas. Both of them do dressage and endurance, both are the type of people that if they really want something, they get it for themselves (aka hard to shop for haha), food gifts are a no-go. Thoughts? TIA

I’m doing an embroidered cooler for a few of my horse friends - they’re generally one size, <$100, and the embroidery makes it nicer than the old scrimmy ones I usually throw on that are several seasons old with holes, or damaged velcro.

I’ve also done things like a variety of consumables (equine treats, wine, people treats, candles). Personally, I always want practical things that I’m always either missing or going through - treats, jolly balls, hardcore hoof picks, nice wooden brushes, fly spray, etc.

For my birthday, my husband got my logo digitized so I can start putting it on apparel. I also asked for a couple of canvas prints from our fall photo shoot. Maybe a gift card to a local photographer would be a nice bridge between experiences and things?

2 Likes

Maybe not a solution that will work for you, but I just ordered my annual gift to horsepals.
A calendar featuring pics of us doing horse stuff.
I take pics all year & end up with at least 12 worth using.
I ordered (& have for the last 5yrs) from Vistaprint.
Right now they’re 50% off, so $12.49 for a spiral bound 11X17. With free shipping for orders over $50.
Their customer service is amazing.
I ordered online today, spoke w/an agent (who literally called me back right after I entered the request) & should have the calendars by 12/5.

8 Likes

Do they have their own farms, or regularly do farm work if not? Years go in a SS exchange, I got the most amazing pair of soft leather gloves. It’s probably been 10 years and I STILL Have them. They’re cool enough for Summer work, and just warm enough to get me into mid-Fall or so (so about now).

1 Like

Maybe this falls under the food thing, but maybe not since it’s more flexible than some tin of cookies - what about a gift card for something like Doordash or Grubhub? Perfect for a busy mom/grandma to order in a meal for the family when a hectic day pops up and there’s just no time to cook or round up the kids to go pick up dinner.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions!

@2DogsFarm I think the calendar is a fantastic idea - it’s definitely my front runner

1 Like

I purchased Haas brush sets for my horsey friends that don’t have them. Electric hand warmers for my barn owning friends with some good truffles and coffee.

Love the calendar idea!!!

2 Likes

I got my calendars Friday :open_mouth:
So, if you’re needing something last minute…
Took me maybe 1/2h to put it together, mostly finding the 13 (including a cover) pics I wanted to use, then having to email to myself & drop to Vistaprint from my desktop.
Just because I’m Old & doing it that way is easiest for me.

1 Like

A subscription to RideIQ!

1 Like

OMGosh I’d never heard of that but that is perfect. I think I’m going to combine that with the calendar idea. Thank you so much!

1 Like