Unlimited access >

Gifts for the owner of my free lease?

Hi! I need some COTH help!!! With the holidays coming quickly, I am stuck coming up with a gift for my the owner/friend of my free lease. She is a long time friend of mine and for the last probably 4 years, she has let me “have” her retired guy and do whatever I want with him. :heart_eyes: In the past I have gotten her things like: a road ID, a custom stained glass of our guy, a back on track quarter sheet… I am stuck what to get her this year. Any suggestions?!

3 Likes

I usually give a gift certificate (local tack store or restaurant you know she likes) along with a “tangible” gift.

The tangible gift could be wine or a food item (nice chocolates, etc.)… or if you want something personalized, you could go to Shutterfly and make a tumbler, calendar, or pillow with photo(s) of her horse.

2 Likes

Maybe something just for her, not including the horse this year.
Since you say she’s a friend, maybe you know a favorite restaurant, place she gets her hair done, mani/pedi. Or?
Some little luxury she might not get for herself.
IMO, Gift cards are always in good taste.
& like @Horsegirl_s_Mom suggests, something consumable with the card.

1 Like

I’m getting my free lease owner a really nice pic of horse dressed up for Xmas and a necklace made from his tail hair.

1 Like

What about a portrait session with a professional photographer for her with her horse?

5 Likes

Thank you guys so much!!! These are great suggestions !

IMO for a person you know well it’s always better to do something small and sentimental. I’ve seen some really cool custom horse-related wine glasses and Starbucks cups on Etsy that I’m thinking of getting for a couple of close horse friends this year. Maybe if there is something you both use that is getting worn out you could replace it for her? (I did this for a horse I leased, the owner kept all her brushes in a plastic bag-- she may have gotten a grooming tote with her horse’s name on it for Christmas)

2 Likes

I let some of the kids at my barn ride my pony. I love it when the moms bring me starbucks gift cards :joy: but my favorites are the personal gifts, like drawings and paintings of my pony. I love knowing they love her as much as I do.

1 Like

Thank you guys for such great suggestions!!! I really appreciate it! Now for the shopping to begin!

My horses owner’s last horse died fairly recently and VERY unexpectedly. I’m going to get her a laser etched glass with her precious horses head profile etched in. She misses her DEEPLY and she’s extremely sentimental in general so I’m excited.

2 Likes