Unlimited access >

Glucosamine injection supplies

Hi,
I have been buying the supplies to give my gelding his glucosamine IM shots from various horse friends but am now looking to buy my own supplies in bulk to save money in the long run. I was wondering what are good online sites to order needles and syringes for glucosamine injections. Also any preferences on syringe or needle brand as well as needle size?
Thanks!

Needles and syringes are cheap. I get them from Tractor Supply. Most places like Valley Vet, Jeffers Equine or Smartpak sell them online. I’ve never noticed much difference from brand to brand.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=kcruff;7480005]
Hi,
I have been buying the supplies to give my gelding his glucosamine IM shots from various horse friends but am now looking to buy my own supplies in bulk to save money in the long run. I was wondering what are good online sites to order needles and syringes for glucosamine injections. Also any preferences on syringe or needle brand as well as needle size?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I use 20 gauge 1.5 inch needles. Brand of syringe and needle don’t matter, just make sure you match up luer locking or slip tips with that type needle.