Unlimited access >

God Bless the USA

I am sitting at my desk with chills as the local radio station is playing Lee Greenwood’s song, GOD BLESS THE USA.

I had occasion to see him perform this at a local event…

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”

I am sitting at my desk with chills as the local radio station is playing Lee Greenwood’s song, GOD BLESS THE USA.

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”

I got in the car an hour ago and as soon as I turned on the radio, Ray Charles was singing “America the Beautiful”…I cranked it up and cried all the way to the hair salon.

I was chatting with fellow BB’ers late last nite and we ended our conversation with: “God Bless America”. (oooops - I hate typos!)

[This message was edited by Duffy on Sep. 12, 2001 at 06:49 PM.]

The song that was playing on my radio alarm this morning was the Star Spangled Banner. When I got in my car, they were playing Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA.” Both made me cry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cactuskate:

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I’ve been in a coma all day…I simply can’t wrap my mind around what happened yesterday.
I try to experience what it was like to be on either of the planes…captured…death a very real inevitability…I am frozen in the thought of being at the hands of the “pathologically extreme”…no way out…just certain death.

The terror chokes me.
Drives me to tears…
I leave work early, return home, to throw myself on the floor, cry…hysterically.
My dogs lick my tears…I feel lucky to be alive.
I kiss my dogs, then my horses.
I thank God for my very, very wonderful life…
I call my husband, and tell him how much I love him.

As an American Jew, and the daughter (and daughter in-law) of Auschuwitz “survivors”, I was raised on volumes of “deals in pain, torture and death”… tales of relatives and friends, who traded their teeth and organs for possible freedom… only to be tricked… by the Nazis, who would, later kill them, in their sleep, post rape.
I was also raised to believe that these horrendous events couldn’t happen in America…(that’s why our families came to this great country)
At 47, I still bought into that concept…
Until yesterday…then my whole life changed.
but…
I will not be intimadated.
I BELIEVE IN AMERICA.

The greatest country in the world…a democracy…
(pay to play…right to say… or not…)
so please, if nothing else…take heart in this…
What goes around comes around.
For every action, there is a reaction. Trite…but true.

If I can help anyone in any way…I am listening.

GRF

[This message was edited by GRF on Sep. 12, 2001 at 10:00 PM.]