Unlimited access >

Goldilocks and the Three Dozen Bridles

What are your favorite bridles without a wide noseband? It seems like most are well over an inch now (or at the other extreme). My gelding has a short, dainty muzzle with a big jaw and forehead, so balancing his features is a bit tricky.

Thank you in advance for enabling!

KL Select makes a nice “normal” bridle still: https://www.klselect.com/bridles/hunter-bridles/red-barn-sovereign/

1 Like

This is an Edgewood I got last year that I love:

1 Like

I really like HK Americana, Aramas, Edgewood, and Hadfield’s. All beautiful quality! I also like Ovation for an economical option as well.

1 Like

If it helps quell the feeling that US bridle nosebands are getting too wide, here are some pics of British hunter bridles. (aka “Yo horse’s noseband’s so wide, it can’t even jump to a conclusion.”)

4 Likes

Good grief!

Those look wider than those wide waist belts that were popular ten-ish years ago.

2 Likes

Is it evil that I absolutely love the look of these? But I’m from dressage land, so maybe I’m biased.

2 Likes

Not evil. Succumb to the thicc bridles :joy:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, where’d you get that last one? :rofl:

https://bonnie-bridles.co.uk/product/fss-freeform-padded-hunter-5cm-bridle/

I really like the proportions of this one. Is that the 3/4” noseband?

Thank you!!

It’s a 1 inch noseband, but non-padded so it doesn’t look as bulky as some. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I wanted to update — I ended up with a square raised HK, which I found at too good of a deal to pass up! Thank you all again for your suggestions!

3 Likes

Beautiful! I really like these bridles, they are exceptionally nice for the price and hold up beautifully!

1 Like

Oh, now that’s pretty.

HK and Aramas make my favorite bridles for the sweet spot of quality and price. I love my Edgewood (nearly 20 years old now) but if I were to get a new one today, that’s the manufacturer I would shop first.

2 Likes

Agree HK are amazing bang for the buck!

2 Likes