Unlimited access >

Good dressage trainer in Chapel Hill NC/Surrounding area?

Does any one know of any good upper level dressage trainers and/or boarding facilities in the Chapel Hill area or within 30-40 minutes of Chapel Hill?

You can PM me if you prefer. Any input is really appreciated!

Andrea Velas clinics happen about every 10 weeks in Hillsborough. She is Paul Belasik’s assistant trainer.
She’s the bomb

Lynn Leath @ NorthStar Training Center www.northstartrainingcenter.com

She is in Chapel Hill (just on the western edge of Chapel Hill, probably about 20 minutes from downtown).

She may be a bit farther than you want but I HIGHLEY Recommend Lynn Doki Camina @ Walhalla Farm in Aberdeen, NC about 5 miles from the Carolina Horse Park. USDF Silver medalist on a horse she trained. Very patient, easy going and makes dressage fun… Willing to work with any level rider and horse or breed of horse.

You can see her farm at www.walhallafarm.com

You may also want to try posting in the Triangle Equestrian facebook page. Good Luck!

[QUOTE=piaffequeen;7146322]
She may be a bit farther than you want but I HIGHLEY Recommend Lynn Doki Camina @ Walhalla Farm in Aberdeen, NC [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that’s about an hour and a half drive from Chapel Hill in ideal traffic… it’s much closer to SC than the triangle! :winkgrin:

I sent you a PM.

I sent you a PM as well :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it.

I second Lynn Leath. I also like Eliza Sydnor. Both are in/near Chapel Hill. http://www.elizasydnordressage.com/

[QUOTE=CatPS;7146619]
Yeah, that’s about an hour and a half drive from Chapel Hill in ideal traffic… it’s much closer to SC than the triangle! :winkgrin:[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured-I keep forgetting that Chapel Hill is a little bit farther than Raleigh! Hope you find someone!

I’ll third Lynn Leath! I have been a student of hers for a few years now and can’t say enough how much I enjoy my training with her. She is great at communicating things, is an active rider, competitor and student herself. She is always looking to learn and then pass this on to her students. She has a great group of adult ammie students that compete and we all have so much fun at the shows. She has been able to advance all her students and horses through the levels quite successfully and is willing to work with any combination of horse and rider.

Have you found a place to board? I used to live inChapel Hill. What exactly are you looking for as far as turnout and facilities and I can help point you in the right direction.