Unlimited access >

good hay suppliers in Western Washington?

I’ve had lots of trouble finding quality hay that wasn’t moldy/dusty in Western Washington. My gelding has COPD so I have to be especially picky with his hay. If anyone has a hay dealer they are happy with or that has pretty consistently good hay, please let me know!

Part of the problem is that the dealers will be real nice and stuff but their quality of hay is inconsistent. I’ll get ten great bales and fifteen iffy bales…

Are you looking for regular local grass hay?

[QUOTE=gallopinggal;6180507]
I’ve had lots of trouble finding quality hay that wasn’t moldy/dusty in Western Washington. My gelding has COPD so I have to be especially picky with his hay. If anyone has a hay dealer they are happy with or that has pretty consistently good hay, please let me know!

Part of the problem is that the dealers will be real nice and stuff but their quality of hay is inconsistent. I’ll get ten great bales and fifteen iffy bales…[/QUOTE]

Pat Mahoney in Centralia … lynn@lincolncreekevents.com

Where are you exactly? Western Wa is a big place.

When I lived in WA, I always got my hay at Dayville. You pay a bit more, but that hay was always excellent.

I use the guy that acquired Lazy J when Jack passed away. Blanking on the name right now, but I have had maybe 3 moldy bales in 9 years of buying hay from them. I think they have Jack’s old number, so you can look it up in the phonebook.

I’ll second Dayville. They always have a quality product and stand behind it if on the extremely rare occurrence you find a bad bale.

Wilderness Hay in Lake Stevens isn’t bad either.