Good news for hippies

I was at the Fort Valley Endurance rides this weekend, and a woman won best vet’s choice, or best conditioned for 50 miles, and this woman had hip replacement surgery 12 weeks ago. She didn’t have a limp or look sore or tired, unfortunately, I then had to help catch a loose horse and couldn’t talk to her.

Amazing. I was riding at 15 weeks but not for very long. She must have been in great shape before her surgery, I would guess.

I am missing why this is good news for hippies? Not that its bad news but…?

[QUOTE=EqTrainer;5176245]
I am missing why this is good news for hippies? Not that its bad news but…?[/QUOTE]

“hippies” = folks who had hip replacement surgery

It’s encouraging that someone who only recently had hip replacement surgery did so well at an endurance ride, therefore good news for “hippies”.

Ohhhhhhh! Thanks! I was picturing, well, you know…

Yeah. :lol: I didn’t notice it was in the Equestrians with Disabilities section until after I clicked on it, and was expecting news of some sort of horsey medical treatment involving cannabinoids of some sort.

Or something about hemp halters.

[QUOTE=Bank of Dad;5175452]
I was at the Fort Valley Endurance rides this weekend, and a woman won best vet’s choice, or best conditioned for 50 miles, and this woman had hip replacement surgery 12 weeks ago. She didn’t have a limp or look sore or tired, unfortunately, I then had to help catch a loose horse and couldn’t talk to her.

Amazing. I was riding at 15 weeks but not for very long. She must have been in great shape before her surgery, I would guess.[/QUOTE]

That’s great for 12 weeks. I’m 6 weeks post op and hoping to be riding in 12 weeks.:smiley: