Unlimited access >

Goodbye, Teddy UPDATE: Hello, Bob

What a beautiful kitty! I’m so sorry about Teddy. Cats often hide when injured. Your boy came home which is a testament to his bond with you. I’m so glad you had a chance to say goodbye.

5 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs from here.

1 Like

So sorry

1 Like

So sorry you’ve lost your friend.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. I’m glad, for both you and Teddy, that you were able to say goodbye and know he had a peaceful passing. Hugs to you.

1 Like

I am so sorry! Big hugs!

1 Like

Oh no. What an awful and unexpected loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Goodbye Teddy. :broken_heart: :heart:

1 Like

So sorry. RIP Teddy.

1 Like

Hugs from Colorado.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. Kitties certainly own a large piece of our hearts.

1 Like

I’m so sorry - but as others have said, at least he was surrounded by those who loved him and had a peaceful crossing.

2 Likes

I just saw this and I am so sorry. He was a handsome fellow. I do love a tabby.

1 Like

WELCOME BOB!

I am so happy to hear that you opened your home and heart to a cat that has been at the shelter for a long time.

It looks like Bob is quite happy and comfortable with his new surroundings. I am sure Teddy approves, who do you think whispered to you to get Bob? :heart:

4 Likes

Bob’s little beer belly!! I love it. :joy: Welcome Bob!!

3 Likes

Murphy’s look is priceless. Make yourself right at home Bob.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Oh how I love a story of rescuing the oldies. When I read your words that you went in and asked who was old and had been there a long time my eyes welled up. My husband promises that when we retire in a few years we’ll go get a handful of old dogs and cats and bring them home and give them the love
they deserve.

5 Likes

I love seniors - good for you (and for Bob!)

Do you know if he’s a natural bobtail or if his tail was perhaps a car engine casualty?

1 Like

I’m nearly positive he’s a natural bobtail. He’s got the slight spine malformation that my dad’s late bobtail cat, Gomer, had, that causes him to hop like a rabbit with his hind legs when he runs.

There are a lot of these cats in this area—both feral and with homes. It may be a common mutation everywhere, but they seem to be more common here than anywhere else in the country that I’ve lived. I like to picture a local, incredibly prepotent bobtail cat in the 17th century that spread his genes far and wide. :smile:

7 Likes

Is Bob part Manx with a naturally bob tail or did something happen to his original tail?

1 Like