Unlimited access >

Gordon the Feral (now barn cat) is doing well and looking forward to celebrating tomorrow! New Pix

Gordon has continued to thrive. He does allow a brief head stroking after (definitely after) his can of stinky food is opened and put into his dish. Otherwise, he just hangs out with me in the barn, occasionally, if the weather is good, following me out into the training area and watching. He still talks a great deal. Gordon has had two slip-ups (or I have). I tried to hand feed him a treat --he took the first one gently with his paw, then the second time had his claws out, hissed, and “got me.” I tried again a month later. Same result, but I was quicker this time --no damage. For now, treats are rolled to him on the floor. Thank you to all COTH kitty experts. I could not have done it without out you. And a special thanks to @2DogsFarm for Gordon’s Christmas gift.

36 Likes

YAY!!
You Go Gordon!
Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

What a handsome dude. Merry Christmas Gordon!

2 Likes

Tell Gordon next year it’ll be coal if he lays a claw on you again! :pouting_cat:

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all at Farm Foxglove!
:christmas_tree::santa::deer:

6 Likes

Merry Christmas Gordon you beautiful grumpy kitty you !!! :christmas_tree::heart:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Its amazing how quickly feral cats adjust to living a domesticated life.

I have a girlfriend that has been feeding a feral stray for years and finally did a trap and release with him. He is now in the house playing with the laser pointer. It took 5 months for him to go from “don’t come near me” to lounging in the house with her pride of 6.

Gordon will come around. I have faith in him.

14 Likes

So glad tom cat cheeks Gordon is adjusting. I bet he will continue to melt with time and might even make some kitty friends.

2 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ Gordon & Foxglove ~ BRAVO to both of you on a great job !

3 Likes

Gordon is so handsome!

2 Likes