Unlimited access >

Gore trailers vs. 4 Star vs. Hawk vs. Adam vs. Hart?

Pot meet kettle??? :joy::joy::joy:

Oh look, another person who 1. Doesn’t know the meaning of FAFO on the Chron and 2. Just got added to my ignore list.

Imagine going to college for welding. I have now heard everything. PT Barnum (and the shipyard apprenticeship programs, for that matter) would like a chat.

Looks like I’m not the one whose Cheerios got pissed in! You might want to keep up with the times as careers like these are booming!

This school is the tech side of Penn State, so no slouch on credentials.

I know a fairly recent grad of this program, who is not yet 30 years old, makes over $200K year with a world wide company, who provide full benefits, a very competitive 401K and brand new $80K company truck. They also paid a very nice signing bonus, travel and moving expenses for relocation, and tuition reimbursement for continuing education.

My husband was on the Florida Gulf Coast last week, where underwater welders are making a killing taking apart sunken boats and yachts from hurricanes, so they can be removed from the ocean floor. They cannot find enough underwater welders to fill the need.

You can keep laughing all you want, but those in welding and metal fabrication are laughing all the way to the bank!

Looks like you are the one who doesn’t know the meaning to FAFO, but maybe someone can explain it to you in terms you’ll understand! :joy::joy::joy:

I don’t expect a mea culpa on your part because, frankly, you seem like the type who thinks they do no wrong.

Thank you so much for proving my point! I hope your weekend gets better from here out!

You should google the shipyard apprenticeship programs I already mentioned. Similar salaries, a job for life, and (gasp) they get paid to train instead of incurring education debt.

And bless your heart, you are correct. I don’t do much wrong. When I do, I freely admit it. My assertion that Jackson Gore has forgotten more about building a horse trailer than you’ll ever know? That I stand behind :100: %.

:wave:t2:

Except that wasn’t your assertion.

I fully understand shipyard apprentice programs, but welders are certainly not obligated to only shipyards, and college rounds out an eduction nicely, especially for those looking to move into management or business of their own. You do realize not everyone incurs education debt, right? There are many college scholarships out there for those looking to attend for skilled trades.

BTW, thought you had me on ignore. So much for FAFO! :joy::joy::joy:

I recently read on another site’s welding thread about a guy applying for a welding position. The pay range advertised was $60 to $120 per hour. They asked applicants to do two welds as part of the the interview.

The guy did the two welds, like those pictured below. They asked him what had happened. He said "the one on the right is my $60 an hour weld; the one on the left is my $120 per hour weld.
weld

4 Likes

The one thing this thread, and others similar, is that some people love some brands, and that lemons can apparently be in all brands. Now what???