Grading of a disability

Anyone know how to get a disability graded for competition? Hopefully, I am using the correct terms.
Thanks!

“grading” a disability = Classification

http://www.usef.org/documents/highPerformance/paralympic/QAParaDressage.pdf

The first few paragraphs explain dispensation certificates, with which you can compete in open shows (regular, non-Para tests).

Middle of page 2 gives info on contacting the Coordinator for info on Classification (which will assign you a “profile” based on functional ability; profiles are then grouped accordingly into the Grades that you see used to denote test levels). Getting Classified (functional eval by specially trained PTs and/or OTs) allows you to try for spots on Para teams for national and International Competition.

You can do certainly opt for either or both.

Hope this helps!

One of my friends is attempting to get classified with a view to trying out for the Para team and has been given a terrible run-around. It took her several weeks of trying to get responses from the necessary officials. She is going out to Del Mar next week to get her formal evaluation. It is not an easy process.

I know your not canadian but equine canada has a more in depth overview of gradining information that may be able to help, equinecanada.org

Thank you for the responses. It appears to be quite difficult!