Unlimited access >

Graze-On pasture fertilizer

Has anyone used Farriers Magic Graze-On pasture fertilizer sold by Chewy.com?Wondering ow well it works, also instructions say horses can graze shortly after application. Anyone tried this product?

The Graze-on I am familiar with is a spray.

1 Like

Corn gluten meal is a pre-emergent herbicide that has questionable efficacy, and is probably more valuable as a light fertilizer, along with the other 2 ingredients. It’s HUGELY expensive, as the application rate is 100-300lb per acre, at $50-ish per 50lb.

When you click on the ingredients this is all I see??

“Corn Gluten Meal, Sunflower Hull Ash, Fermented Corn Solubles” Where is the nutrients for the soil ? Where are the herbicides? I guess it is safe because it is basically corn and sunflower seeds byproducts :confounded: Birds will be happy.

Call me confused.

You can’t simply look at what the ingredients are, you have to know what they do

2 Likes

I can’t imagine what a mess that would make after a good rain? Especially if you have to apply it heavily.

Fertilizers go into the ground but that doesn’t look like it would do more than smother the grass.

It’s a VERY heavy product, so even 300lb/acre isn’t actually a lot of volume. I actually used straight corn gluten meal about 25 years ago on my then-lawn, and 50lb doesn’t go nearly as far as a traditional fertilizer.

Consider that lime is applied in the range of 2000lb per acre, and nobody thinks that smothers the grass.

This dissolves/works into the soil just as regular NPK fertilizers do, you’re not blanketing the ground with it.

3 Likes

Just for reference and comparison of price to Graze-On, this Saturday I have a load of fertilizer (Lesco 18-24-12) being delivered. This is the mix of N-P-K recommended by Clemson University based on my soil samples for use on my coastal Bermuda pastures when they begin to grow after being dormant over the winter. It will cost me about $350 per acre at their recommended application rate.