Unlimited access >

Guess the breed of my new gelding

Rabicon…you’re basically correct! That goes the same for you hundredacres.

He’s an appendix QH.

He’s pretty well blended which gives him a slightly different look. He gets mistaken for a warmblood b/c of his size, but I look at that T-Rex head and just see QH! lol

Here’s his pedigree if anyone is curious about the “blend”

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/you+bet+im+sweet

Can I join in with a less fun guessing game? I have no idea of the breeding of my horse and am curious to see what other people might think he is. Unfortunate I don’t have an answer after the guesses :frowning: I can share the various guesses I have from the previous owner and my vet’s best guess

http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/stargzng386/library/Black%20Jack

Actually, I was going to guess he had some pony in him (Welsh or Connemara), till I saw his height. Appendix, TB, Anglo-Arab…all TB based, and he looks like he’s at least 1/2 TB.

If he’s standardbred he’s got a REALLY nice head for one…

STar gazing I would say qh. I don’t see anything specific to say others. He is cute.

King creole. Love your guy. I was gonna say appendix but thought nah it’s a trick question so I said qh or tb lol.

Stargzng-- maybe QH with a little draft? Breeding stock paint?

I’ll play.
The mare and also here (in background)

The chestnut gelding may be too hard to guess–not a common breed in the US. I don’t have a good body shot of him on this computer unfortunately
Body1
=132323855&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]Body2
=132323855&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]face

ignore Scarlett, the camera-hogging hackney who gets herself into nearly every shot LOL

Hippo. The chestnut maybe a Hungarian wb or ish?

The black looks wb to me but not sure

Star, he looks QH to me. Cute guy. How big is he?

Hippo, yours are tough! Mare looks like some sort of WB. I’ll go w rabicon’s guess of ISH for the gelding. Hes cute. I love chestnuts w chrome. My old man is one. He’s too obviously a TB for me to include him lol

Photos are not the best to judge really… but my guess would be Hanoverian or Hanno TB cross . Whatever he is cute and love the face markings.

Never ever would have guessed Clyde the head is so atypical of a Clyde cross , although his markings are very typical… Congratulations he’s lovely and good luck with him.

[QUOTE=HungarianHippo;7199356]
I’ll play.
The mare and also here (in background)

The chestnut gelding may be too hard to guess–not a common breed in the US. I don’t have a good body shot of him on this computer unfortunately
Body1
=132323855&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]Body2
=132323855&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]face

ignore Scarlett, the camera-hogging hackney who gets herself into nearly every shot LOL[/QUOTE]

I’m going to guess the mare as WB…that’s all I’ve got ;). If I had to give a better guess I’d say Oldenberg.

The gelding, I’m going to go out on a ledge and guess wild: BelgianXQH. He’s adorable :).

Gelding - Hungarian Horse (DINGDINGDING! for Rabicon). The black mare is 3/4 QH, 1/4 Perch.

I wouldn’t have guessed that on the mare. They are both very pretty.

Thanks for guessing! He is 15’3 and most people guess QH because of his big butt :slight_smile: I have also heard breeding stock paint from his old owner but she is guessing too. He was bought in an auction with no background info. Other guesses have been crosses with something gaited. Even though he never gaits he was fairly shuffly in his trot. Turns out that seems to be a training issue as he’s now trotting much much better with some dressage training.

[QUOTE=stargzng386;7200817]
Thanks for guessing! He is 15’3 and most people guess QH because of his big butt :slight_smile: I have also heard breeding stock paint from his old owner but she is guessing too. He was bought in an auction with no background info. Other guesses have been crosses with something gaited. Even though he never gaits he was fairly shuffly in his trot. Turns out that seems to be a training issue as he’s now trotting much much better with some dressage training.[/QUOTE]

I’m sticking with QH - I think the shuffle is the silly jog they do :). I have an APX and she jogs if I let her (well, she’s a pasture pet for the most part so she does whatever she pleases now)…blech.

I was thinking breeding stock paint also but between that and qh they are about the same. Lol

I can tell that he was broke western. He rides totally normal in an English saddle but as soon as you put a western or Aussie saddle on him he automatically jogs, responds to neck reining and will do really tight turns. Cracks me up because he won’t do any of that in English tack. Thanks for confirming he is what I was guessing though I never will know exactly lol