Unlimited access >

Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Came across this 4yo hony in my travels, anyone want to guess his breeding? Standing still he is rather a mish mash of parts, but his movement was a pleasant surprise.

3 Likes

He tracks up nicely and has good free flexible hock and stifle action.

I can’t even begin to guess breeding. I suspect he’s likely either an unexpected cross or an unexpected outcome of a more expected cross?

5 Likes

He has a built-in saddle and I can’t handle it.

28 Likes

Oh my… he is a bit of a mish mash but he can move.

2 Likes

Unicorn x my little pony x heart breaker ?

17 Likes

If he’s for sale, please buy the pony!

4 Likes

If he was in my Neck of the Woods - Amish adjacent - I’d guess Shetland or Hackney Pony in the mix.
How tall?

He’s 15 hands-ish.

The surprising answer to his breeding is…

Out of a grade gaited Tennessee Walker dam by a registered QH stallion. Color came from his mom. He’s barely broke but very level headed.

I’m tempted. Always looking for solid all-around types that can be made up into lesson honies.

22 Likes

Buy.
The.
Pony!

18 Likes

Cleaned up, shed out and with some good nutrition, this could be a very very attractive hony. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Get him!

4 Likes

Enablers, all of you!! :rofl:

10 Likes

Your point? :thinking:

8 Likes

You need to take him home asap!! Funnily enough I’m not surprised by his breeding. My girl is a Missouri Foxtrotter/Arab/Paint mix, around 14.2h. She also has funky conformation but can she move! And jump too. If I had the time and space for another horse, I would take another of her in a heartbeat.

22 Likes

With Tennessee walker and QH genetics, you’re practically guaranteed to have a sweetheart there!

Buy the pony!

14 Likes

:rofl:

:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

4 years old, level headed, hony size, moves well?

You had better be hooking up your rig now…

23 Likes

Did you expect anything else :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Oh yes please. All. damn. day.

You all can keep your big honkin’ warmbloods. Give me a smart, cheerful, fun-size hony any day!

28 Likes

What are you going to name him?

I like the name Jigsaw.

23 Likes