Unlimited access >

Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Never fails. Someone shows a random horse to COTH, one they don’t own, asking for opinions. Or worse, asks COTH to explain why they shouldn’t buy the horse.

COTH is negotiating the sale while backing up the trailer and getting the horse ready to load.

:laughing:

‘Jigsaw’ sounds like a perfect name to me! :slight_smile:

42 Likes

Owner sent me a baby pic.

I’m doomed.

68 Likes

In the defense of COTH…@2bayboys has been around long enough to know what they were getting into by posting.

:joy:

29 Likes

When I was teaching FT, I loved TWH and McCurdy crosses. Some of them had to be taught to trot with pole work but they were super levelheaded and sane. Get him!

8 Likes

I have to concur! I had this exact cross once as a schoolie and he could not have been sweeter. Just a dead honest, tried his hardest, good kind soul.

7 Likes

Golly he’s cute. I definitely think you need him. I can make space in my barn if you can’t :wink:

8 Likes

He is a cutie!

1 Like

That narrow waist said twh to me, and I would have offered that on a qh or a paint. He belongs in your pocket.

My husband’s SSH has the prettiest, loftiest trot and a sweet canter. Under saddle he will trot uphill for efficiency and gait every where else unless asked for a canter. I could make a fortune on his clones :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“Guess the breed!” said the thread title.

1 day later COTH has the OP on the verge of buying a new horse. And a project horse at that.

Everyone needs friends like these! :laughing:

27 Likes

Things are a little complicated…

He’s never been off the farm where he was born, has never been vaccinated or had a Coggins or dental exam, and never been in a trailer.

Oh Lordy!

15 Likes

Oh it’s fine. Load him up.

34 Likes

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiit.

What could possibly go wrong? :joy:

13 Likes

Pssssh, he’s only 4, he’ll come around real quick!

13 Likes

You said upthread he’s barely broke but very level headed. Care to expound on barely broke and how you know he’s very level headed?

My homebred was 2 1/2 before he left the farm he was born on. I’m the amateurish of amateurs, broke said horse in myself and rode him around in a flat halter this morning.

If he’s really as described, I still think you need him

12 Likes

Should have qualified that by saying he appears to be level headed, based on the videos the owner has shared. I won’t post those here as they include the owner and I won’t do so without her permission :slightly_smiling_face:

He’s in a backyard trail riding only home. He seems to have a very rudimentary start: mounting, walking, steering, following his buddies on a trail ride down the road.

The owner seems uneducated and surprised I’m a little put off by his complete lack of veterinary care up to this point. To be fair, I expect her own particular horse community might not care much about such things.

I do have quarantine capability at my farm so it’s not insurmountable.

I’m scheduling to go take a peek at this interesting breed combination. I’ll take my trailer, but I’m also roping in a friend whose job it will be to say no if needed. :rofl:

28 Likes

He is cute as a button too so following to see what happens next!

2 Likes

Those are good details.

I didn’t know if maybe you knew the horse and had seen w your own eyes etc.

I hope he turns out to be what you’re looking for! Cause he is totally cute! And needs vet care regardless of what his current owner thinks lol.

7 Likes

Okay. So it’ll be an adventure. And generate a half-dozen COTH threads over the next year. :laughing:

Buy. The. Hony.

22 Likes

Lol truth!

The first one will probably be something like “ has anyone seen feet like this??!!! :exploding_head:

16 Likes

Ohhhhhh, noooooooo.