Unlimited access >

GUT X reviews? Worth it?

Who has opinions about GUT X? What has it addressed, if you e used it? Where has it failed you?

Iā€™ve been using it. Funny thereā€™s another thread on it too with recent updates.

Anyway, FWIW, my experience has been positive. Originally I put my mare on it as a ā€œcanā€™t hurt might helpā€ thing. People would ask me if I saw a difference and Iā€™d shrug because I didnā€™t think her tummy was a problem anyhow, and her joints I use Adequan for.
Then we moved barns. At the time (early October) sheā€™d been off the Gut X for about 3 mos. When I moved her she just didnā€™t seem okay. I know it was a shock for both of us, but she seemed to have trouble settling. I reordered the Gut X. Within 2 weeks at the loading dose, she had perked back up. I changed nothing else. So in my opinion, it works.

1 Like

I think it has been helping my mare. I havenā€™t had her scoped because she didnā€™t have outward signs of ulcers (coat, weight, reactivity), but she would tend to get tight around her ribs and pissy about my leg and not wanting to go forward under saddle. So I did about the same as Obsidian and gave it a try just to see. Within about a week she was happier to go forward and much more accepting of my leg. That was early December. I also put my other mare on it just to see, but didnā€™t notice any difference for her, so I took her off after a month. Iā€™ve kept Mare #1 on the 2-pump dose, which seems to be more like 1.5 oz based on the rate the jugs are being used up. She is also probably pushing 1500#, so I donā€™t want to risk taking her down to 1 pump, which is supposed to deliver an ounce.

Search results for ā€˜gutxā€™ - Chronicle Forums (chronofhorse.com) :slight_smile:

My horses live on it and Iā€™ve seen very good results with it.

Itā€™s inexpensive enough that I consider it more preventative maintenance than an active treatment, but it has helped my horses with active ulcers be more comfortable. At $179 for about 5 months worthā€¦canā€™t beat the price.

Didnā€™t work at all for my mare. Maybe she didnā€™t have gut issues after all though!

Iā€™ve liked it and will always pay for it before doing Gastroguard. In the cases where I havenā€™t seen improvement, I add Succeed (hind-gut) and almost always see positive change immediately with that combo.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been giving it to one in my barn with no changes, it came very highly recommended by a friend. No changes at all for my horse, continued to get worse under saddle. Gave him three days of ulcergard (full tube) and had a completely different horse. Now heā€™s on succeed, purina outlastā€¦and still the Gut X (because I bought two gallons!). And doing great. I do not really attribute it to the Gut X though. So it doesnā€™t work on some horses. Just my opinon. :slight_smile:

I had several horses on it for 6 months. I didnā€™t see any difference. I was up to 8 oz per day, split into 2 meals. I even tried the Joint X. that i did notice a difference in a mare, but not enough that i couldnā€™t put her one something from the vet that i KNOW works

You should not give Gastrogard for 3 days full tuna and stop. The rebound will kill him and you are on a viscous cycle. Do a full treatment, gradually taper off and put him on Relyne. Yes it cost more than GutX, but has a higher quantity of the ingredients of GutX.
Cutting down in ingredients is how GutX reduces the price.
I have a 20yo thoroughbred, anxious and ulcer prone. Did the full course of Gastrogard, scoped him and moved on. 3 months later he is back in bad shape. I started him on Relyne on the losing dose. Iā€™m just one week heā€™s chases me for food, he is back on his hay and I feel I am getting my horse back. Can not wait to see him after 30 days.
Sometime the savings are not worth the viscous cycles we put ourselves and our horses through.

Not in the slightest. It already takes a few days for omeprazole to really get into full swing. Stopping cold turkey after only 3 days isnā€™t going to ā€œkillā€ him.

6 Likes

I laughed. ā€œNewā€ poster being a bit dramatic. lol

My gelding had hind gut ulcers. Hagyard Relyne was a miracle cure!

Given the price I have switched to GutX for maintenance. So far, so good. :crossed_fingers:

My horse has been on gut x for almost a year and has had been scoped and confirmed ulcers twice. Actually going through treatment now. Heā€™s not the only one in the barn with ulcers that has been on the stuff.

Just a PSA on ordering GutX. I ordered 2 gallons this morning for $179. After checkout I was offered to add two more gallons for $109. So $288 vs $339 as advertised for four gallons. I canā€™t say that itā€™s a sure thing, but thought Iā€™d pass the info along in case it saves someone else a few bucks.

2 Likes