Unlimited access >

H&H article re WFP/Kentucky

His choices for lrk3de.

2 Likes

I wonder how many “mere mortals” would get away with creating their own schooling round. Most eliminations require one to leave the course not skip a fence at will.

Depends on staffing of jump judges I suppose to get someone pulled up after missing a fence. Don’t think it would fly at a lot of events though.

4 Likes

It’s actually not uncommon at that level for riders at that level to do this at the last prep events (although I’ve more often seen them scored as R orTE ). Most organizers/GJ are pretty accommodating. I’ve even seen it at lower levels although less often at recognized events since it’s cheaper and easier to go to schooling events. It’s definitely by prior arrangement though!

4 Likes

I re-read the article and didnt read it as WFP running on. An Elimination for error of course requires that he leave the course. A lot of riders who are running as a prep for a higher level will do the first 2 phases and withdraw from the xc, which I personally find annoying as there are plenty of people who want to run the whole competition. But it saves the horse.