had a bad day-feeling frustrated

Glad to hear your news !

Glad to hear your update about your ride today !!! :slight_smile: You’ve inspired me to plan on an “out in the woods” ride tomorrow regardless of all the work :eek: that needs to be done !

MINUS TWENTY TWO???

Wow! How do you breathe? I weeny out when it hits 22 above zero!!

Good for you!!!

[QUOTE=Peg;4563889]
That’s when I began my " logrolling" mount :eek:(former nurse!).Thankfully the horse was patient and a body. Rolling onto his back wasn’t frightening. That lead to using the technique to get onto the bed of my truck when hitching the gooseneck. Somewhere along the line , since being diagnosed, I have learned to laugh at myself. The image of a fluffy woman rolling onto a horse is hysterically funny to me. Good thing, huh? Keep your head up! You are out doing it! Be proud. Peg:)[/QUOTE]

Yes!! I figured out the logrolling movement the other day when I needed to get in the bed of the pickup and was by one of the pastures that don’t have any hills or rills, just flat land. I don’t like to climb over the side because my tires are spendy, so logrolling was my mount-up of choice. Actually, the image of a fluffy woman logrolling onto the tailgate is still pretty funny to me. But, hey, it works. Also, I’m betting that not one of the hands will mention they saw this either. :winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:

Just my 2 sense!

One other thing we all need to do is
laugh. Long, frequently and often. Laugh at ourselves and our situations because if the glass is half full then it ain’t half empty!! We’ ain’t dead yet!! Body not cooperating today? Shrug your shoulders, laugh, try again tomorrow. We shouldn’t put so much pressure on ourselves to perform. Just enjoy the moment! Howl at the moon. LIVE!!!
Woooooohoooooo!
Oh and I can’t say enough about anti-depressants to help any of us cope with our decrepitudes. :winkgrin::D:lol::lol::lol:

[QUOTE=DressageGeek “Ribbon Ho”;4566308]
MINUS TWENTY TWO???

Wow! How do you breathe? I weeny out when it hits 22 above zero!!

Good for you!!![/QUOTE]

Should have mentioned its in celcius lol but still freakin cold!

we only walked and did things slow and I had my puffer in my pocket, if its under -25 I dont go out unless to work
(even at that I dont go to work on days it hits -45:eek::eek:yes -45:eek:

Im learning to give myself time and do things sloow that way im not as tired

Stay positive, we all have bad days.

Tomorrow will be better!

Teddy - I’m the moron! I should have remembered you were from Canada and use metric! But even so - I agree. Even though my horse is raring to go when it gets cold, I can’t - it gets too hard to breathe for me in the cold.

He helped me out today though. It was supposed to be 40oF, hit only a high of 29, with wind chills bringing it closer to 19. Eeek! And he partially sprang a shoe on his right front, the indoor was in use for lessons, and it was a wee bit slick outside from the snow (and the outdoor was frozen!!) - so I didn’t have to push myself - I took him out to let him snow graze (his latest favorite pastime) and I amused myself and stayed warm by doing lateral work in the outdoor - shoulders in to haunches in to turn on the haunches, to half pass, and I only screwed it up a few times. I did excellent head to wall leg yields, and insisted Ted watch. Apparently, I do not reach as well on the left.

So we both accomplished something - I worked on my dyslexia, and he got wet snow all over his muzzle.

I think (hope) my problem is probably just 60 plus and over the hill, but remaining in any one position makes all my muscles so stiff and painful, it take a long time to move, eg getting out of bed, up from a chair, etc. Once moving, I am not too bad. I just constructed a mounting block that is 22 inches high, 2 ft wide and 4 ft long. I use a kitchen step stool to get onto it, LOL and then the stirrup is only 6 inches up (short horse!). Even dismounting is a problem due to the stiffness, muscle weakness. Fortunately, horsie is used to me dragging my leg over his back!