Unlimited access >

Had a driving lesson yesterday!

@M_al and I had a driving lesson yesterday. The weather was absolutely beautiful, nearly 70 degrees when I left the trainer’s place. It went very well, and we had a good time with the incomparable Frankie.

430873645_25311890995062867_7810269123869029463_n

He didn’t even twitch when a semi went by with a really loud engine brake.

Rebecca

11 Likes

Yay!! I’m glad the weather finally cooperated for you! It looks like fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair, the semi doing the loud engine braking is the next door neighbor so it’s nothing new and startling for him. Sorry for the lame (super short for the others) video clips - my phone is running out of storage and I was getting warnings. I’ll clean it up before next time.

2 Likes

He’s such a sensible little guy, though. Crackers would occasionally spook at something he’d experienced over and over without a problem. He was just high maintenance.

Rebecca

2 Likes

Wasn’t Crackers a Hackney? :smirk:
If he hadn’t spooked, I’d worry :roll_eyes:

@M_al Minis are Lions in a horse suit.
When Bugs was 4, I had him at the Ntl Drive & headed back to the barn, leaving a group of his buddies, so we were solo on the road.
We had to drive past the covered arena where a Mounted Shooting event was happening.
Gunshots did not bother him at all.
He was too busy vocalizing his objections to being taken away from the he group.
Never broke from his trot, but complained the whole way.
In that teeny whinny, which I’m sure he thinks sounds HUGE

3 Likes

Yep, he was a Hackney and very hot. Surprisingly, he was a lovebug out of harness. I’ve never had such a cuddly horse.

Rebecca

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My own Crackney Pony is coming around.
About time!
He turns 24 on the 10th :hushed:
I still have to “trap” (muckfork across the door) him in his stall to groom.
But lately he lets me curry the mud out of his sparse forelock.
That space has always been Off Limits, though if I put a halter on, he cooperates.
His little brain is odd indeed.
Wheels spin, I smell smoke…

1 Like

Oh fun.

This was before Christmas, the weathers been so soggy. I think that’s hubby and my friend, with the lovely Stardust in the shafts. I sometimes drive, but for zipping around the obstacles I leave it to her.

4 Likes

Very nice!

Rebecca

Frankie and your EZ entry cart are just perfect, hope you and m’al can have a great year.

That little horse is just so darned cute! And I like that our trainer is very affectionate with her horses.

Rebecca

1 Like

Lovely facility! Where are you located again?

1 Like

This is in NorCal.

2 Likes

Also! Here are a couple of photos, I was allowed to cool out the incomparable Frankie after his 2 cones derby goes while she was warming up her Morgan. :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: He doesn’t look like he needs to be entered in the open division from his super chill demeanor.

Although, I’m super proud of my reaction when, upon exit from the arena and he was still revved up, we swapped and I walked him to the end of the lot, past where any trailers were parked. I don’t know what he saw/smelled/made up, but he gave me a spook and took off at a fast trot. I briefly wondered if I was going to get run away with. Certainly not! After I stopped giggling (just let him trot for 15 strides or so) and gave him a quiet downward ask and he was like, “oops, my bad, how embarrassing” and returned to being a VSE VGB (very small equine, very good boy) and was reminded that this was cooling out, so drooling along is encouraged! Low energy/low heart rate for a while, then you can get a nice long drink and hang out in the shade of the trailer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The cones derby itself was super interesting and I learned a ton by watching and hearing the clinic! :+1::grin:

6 Likes

I bet Frankie was just checking to see if you were paying attention! It’s hard to panic with him since he’s so little and cute.

How did the Morgan do? I would love to watch that horse in action! What a beautiful, beautiful horse.

Rebecca

1 Like

Mine thinks he’s a golden retriever. It’s a little ridiculous sometimes. He took his sheet off while at the last horse show and was found sleeping on it in the morning like a cat.

3 Likes

That’s great!

Rebecca

Don’t know how I missed this update :crazy_face:
If youre like me, Cones will become addictive & you’ll be thinking Marathon Thoughts.
& Asking Frankie for that road trot & even canter! :smiley:

2 Likes