Unlimited access >

Had anyone tried Evolution Horse's Merino Streamline Half Pad?

Has anyone here tried the Merino Streamline Half Pad by Evolution Horse?

or here is a link in case the image link doesn’t work:

I have their full pad which is quite nice (not sheepskin) and I am interested in trying this pad too. Mostly because I like that they have no sheepskin on the wither section but sheepskin on the rest of the pad. As with all sheepskin, I am concerned about the thickness and curious how others feel about the pad if they have one.

Thanks!

It looks a lot like the Stubben Streamline pads (maybe they are the same? Just renamed for Stubben?). I like the concept a lot and wanted to try one of the Stubben pads but couldn’t justify the cost as I don’t have an issue I need fixed, just thought it may be better for the horse which wasn’t enough to justify the price (lord knows they don’t always agree with what we or science believe is best). Those Evolution pads seem a bit cheaper, I may have to try one of them if I can find them in stock.

Awesome! This is such a good idea but know I am going to be deathly afraid! Was it pretty easy to get it even with the clippers?

Hi @kaya842, Yes they seem to be the same pads, made by EH for Stubben as well. I like the concept too and don’t have anything to fix necessarily. I ride in an old basic sheepskin now but love that this one has no sheepskin in the gullet.

They are a bit pricey for sure but when I see what pads like Windredn and others go for these days I almost feel like it’s a good deal (which is crazy!). :smile:

I have the stubben version but find myself using my Mattes pad instead. Sheepskin compresses a bit, and I haven’t had issues with my horse’s confirmation and this pad setup. The stubben pad is fine. It seems decently made, but the sheepskin doesn’t have the same feel or substance to the touch as the Mattes pad.

@outside_leg

Thank you for the reply! I have the Platinum Mattes pad as well but find it incredibly thick - I feel like I am floating on top of my horse. It sounds like the Streamline is thinner than the Mattes is that correct?

Yes, it’s definitely thinner than the Mattes pad.