Unlimited access >

Hanoverian Mare: Need Info

Hi There!

I am in South Africa and bought a mare, Granini. She has the H branded on her Hip and the number 273 in her neck. I know she is imported from Germany and her breeding is, according to her previous owner as follows:Sire: Graf Sponeck; Dam:Grille; Sire of Dam: Goldfinger. Her passport got lost and I would love to find her details eg. Date of Birth ect. in order to open her new passport. Or even better get more info on her. Does any one know where I can try and get more info?

Kind Regards,

First of all congrats on your purchase. She must be older as the only did the neck-numberbrand for a few years way back.
The normal course of action would be to contact the Verband in Verden. You’ll need a notary statement from the person that lost the passport to the meaning that it’s irretrievably lost. Then they will reissue a new passport. You’ll probably have to have the diagram filled out by your vet and send in photographs as well as a hairsample for identity control. If you encounter problems I offer services like these as part of my business. Feel free to get in touch if you dead-end anywhere. The Hanoverian Verband can be contacted via their website http://www.hannoveraner.com :slight_smile:

I contacted the Verband about my gelding (H on hip, numbers on crest) with his numbers, color, and approximate age and they got back to me with a copy of his pedigree with no trouble. His passport is also lost but I have no real need or desire to replace it so I didn’t bother with that.

The folks over there were very helpful but a little slow getting back to me so be patient. Congrats!

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10580734 full sister

http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/708592 3/4 sibling

http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/716717 an error or another sibling with a different number but same year as first one.

http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/446257 same sire and some different dam sire but putting Gotthard in the same spot.

This might not be helpful or of interest. I like pedigrees and someone had an idea of line breeding to Gotthard. Sometimes you can see the breeding strategy by looking at the siblings or relatives. Sort of gives you a glimpse into the thinking process.

Stoicfish, is there any way of finding a mares foals? Like how many she has registered? Slightly ot but you seemed to be able to offer up sone nice info for the op! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=HorseKrazy;7347316]
Stoicfish, is there any way of finding a mares foals? Like how many she has registered? Slightly ot but you seemed to be able to offer up sone nice info for the op! :)[/QUOTE]
Well if the foals were registered with a german based association this is for sure an Option because they have ALL on their databases. If the foals were not registered at all or with local registries it depends on their policies what and how the record. Good luck !

Some registries have data bases.
These are public data bases and can be wrong but if you send me the mares name and sire and registry, I can have a look for you.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice! I contacted them with the same info on my first post and got this reply!

Pferddetailinformationen
DE 331314002793
H Granada (Hann)

Exterieur (1) 23.04.1996 Freiburg

Schau (0)

ZSP (1) 23.04.1996 Freiburg J Feld - Zuchtrichtung Reiten - Reitpferd
Eintragung / Prämie (1) 23.04.1996 Freiburg Hauptstutbuch Nr. 13 -
Auktionsergebnis (0)

Sportergebnis (3) 01.06.1997 Bülkau 5 Eignungsprüfung für Reitpferde o.M.
integrierte ZWS (1) 2013

Dressur: (84) / 63 Springen: (120) / 56

I am just now frustrated as I am trying to search for her on the databasis and can only get hold of her full sister as in stoickfish’s post.

I can not find a single place where she is listed. The info seems correct as her age is exactly what I was told. She is a superb schoolmaster for my daughter and her foals are beautiful!

Found her and have made a few screenshots. If you send me an email I’ll pass them along :slight_smile: Kareen@germanhorseconnection.com

[QUOTE=Thiesa;7349689]
I am just now frustrated as I am trying to search for her on the databasis and can only get hold of her full sister as in stoickfish’s post.

I can not find a single place where she is listed. The info seems correct as her age is exactly what I was told. She is a superb schoolmaster for my daughter and her foals are beautiful![/QUOTE]

Which database are you using for your search?

The Hanoverians have a Mare Database that they advertise on their homepage. The information in that database should be up to date. You have to pay to use this database.

Dan

Hello Thiesa,

My father is the beeder of Granini. She was born at our farm in Northern Germany in 1993 and i broke her in as a three year old. She was a lovely horse. At the mare test she got a 10 in jumping! Is she still well? I lost her full-sister by a colic nine years ago but I sill have a daughter of her wich I am riding and breeding with.