Unlimited access >

Harrisburg, Hershey, PA and surrounding areas - help?

Hello CoTHers,

I have an unusual request, but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

Does anyone know someone within 30-45 minutes (or less) of Hershey or Harrisburg, PA who would have room for me to crash at their place for the following dates: Sunday nights - Friday am, June 5th-21st?

I am more than content to have a place to plop my air mattress down or even happily camp in the yard.

Why? Well, after a 5 year wait I have finally been matched with a service dog from Susquehanna Service Dogs in Granville, PA. It is an intense 2.5 week training class. The daily schedule is 9-4:30. On the Thursday night of week 1 I would be bringing my service dog back to wherever I am staying. We will not be much of a bother though as I am sure we will both be EXTREMELY tired from all day training.

I am responsible for my own travel expenses during the 2.5 weeks. It is High season for Hershey Park so hotels are quite costly but honestly I would rather camp out in my tent somewhere as long as I have a place to plug in one extension cord for my CPAP machine at night or on a couch in a real house.

Given that you never know where a connection may come I thought I would ask here. I don’t need anything fancy. I just want a place to put down an air mattress or throw up my tent in the yard.

Anybody know someone who might be willing to lend me a little yard space or a place to sleep?

I’m not exactly sure which yellow lab I am paired with yet, but whoever hosts would certainly get to meet my new partner too.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to share this with anyone or groups who might be able to help. Thanks.

Chris Gross
716-560-8854

I’m not anywhere near there but wanted to say congrats on the service dog! How exciting for you! I hope someone can help!

Check out Twin Grove. Pet friendly and proximate.

Will do. Thanks.

No response from Twin Grove. Still hoping to find a friendly place to sleep with a CoTHer.