Unlimited access >

Has anyone ever used Comfrey for a bone issue?

Looking at a comfrey paste online and wondering if it’s worth a shot. It’s supposed to be very good for bone but I don’t know much about homeopathic stuff.
https://www.ayrequestrian.com/en-us/products/gold-label-comfrey-paste

Hmmm product info says-

“Contains comfrey with kaolin in a traditional astringent drawing product. Comfrey is a natural source of soothing and healing allantion, which can help assist tendon and ligament recovery.”

Probably not my first choice. What are you using for? Probably lots of other things I’d try for bone support. You can use any liniment to do what this product says. Or use Surpass or its generic cousin at Walgreens - diclofanec found by icy hot product.
For internal bone support there are a few product - KER has Duraplex and Triacton. There’s also Bonewise.
Right now I’m just rattling because not even sure what the horses issue is or what you’ve done/where you’re at with treatment.

Comfrey is in some topical liniment type things for horses. It does have anti-inflammatory processes, but it’s used topically so that only does so much. It is also a banned substance if you show USEF.

1 Like