Unlimited access >

Has anyone heard about CactusKate lately?

I think about her often, and I am praying for her recovery. Has anyone heard from her lately? If so, please let me know! I really miss her posts.
The news of her illness really hit me hard and I don’t even know the woman except from this forum.

If you read this CactusKate, My curb chain is jangling away for ya!

Thanks everyone.

Wow you are an inspiration girl!! Thanks for the update.

I’m so glad to hear this encouraging news. Will keep that jangling for you!!

“We ride and never worry about the fall.
I guess that’s just the cowboy in us all.”
Tim McGraw

thanks for the update! I’ve been thinking about you

Always,
FairWeather
"Just call me mint jelly cuz i’m on the lamb!–Grandpa
http://www.fairweather-farm.com

Cathy - I am so sorry I won’t be able to come see you this weekend! I know that Merry, Coreene, and AAJ will keep you more than entertained!

I’ll be thinking about you and wishing I was there!

I feel a bit better now.
Let us know how your trip to L.A. goes!

But that is always the case when I rejoin civilization. We had a terrific time at the US Freestyle in LA. Tried not to drool too much over the fantastic horses.

Stayed on my portable oxygen most of the time and felt great. The only time we used the wheelchair was when we checked in the hotel. I think you could see me in it over all the bags, clothes and refreshments we took to the third floor in our room. We were five women sharing the same room, need I say more?

I thought I would split laughing. When we went down in the elevator for dinner I was without the wheelchair since we brought it just as a preventative if I did get pooped. We ran into a man that we had ridden up with before. I felt like screaming, “Look I am HEALED.” He did give me some kind of look.

All in all a great weekend. Looking forward to riding this week. Look out Bud. I saw toooo many nice horses, he has a load to carry now.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

I think about her often, and I am praying for her recovery. Has anyone heard from her lately? If so, please let me know! I really miss her posts.
The news of her illness really hit me hard and I don’t even know the woman except from this forum.

If you read this CactusKate, My curb chain is jangling away for ya!

Thanks everyone.

Hopefully, several of us are going to meet with her/see her at the big dressage wingding at LA Equestrian Center this weekend.

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

She was huddled under a quarter sheet next to the heater in the RV on our day trip to Canada

(She posted, I am not making all of it up!)

Sounds like a vondervar time! I remain awed by your continued sense of humour and strength!

I am doing just fine thank you for asking! I returned from Mayo last Thursday and again dodged all those icky bullets of side effects.

Had the extreme pleasure of going to Temecula with my friend Jennifer to a Volker Bromman clinic last weekend. I was a bit pooped and slept all day Monday. But hey what’s a girl to do?

I am packing for our LAEC excursion as we speak, well as soon as I have my breakfast and COTH fix. I so hope Merry and I connect and that Coreene and AAJumper can make it. We met last year at the Oaks and it was great.

Mayo results were encouraging. Tumor markers not escalating at the rapid rate, lymph glands decreased in size, and my appetite is increasing. Eating everything in sight and actually thinking up recipes to cook. That hasn’t happened in awhile!

I did loose another 10 pounds last month. But Mr. Cactus and I decided it was 10 pounds of cancer cells. No one is concerned about the weight loss.

So again all you special people, thank you for your thoughts and prayers and curb chain jangling. If attitude across this country can have an effect, I am with you all.

Hugs and kisses, Kate

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”