Unlimited access >

Has anyone used "All Pro Horse Transport"?

Looking to haul a horse from Iowa to NJ, and just received a reasonable quote from the above mentioned hauling company.

They request a 50% deposit, and balance in cash at delivery. Sound fairly standard. I’ve reached out to a number of other reputable companies that I know have excellent reputations, but would like to know what people think of All Pro.

Thanks for any input!

[QUOTE=pleasantmeadowfarm;8000481]
Looking to haul a horse from Iowa to NJ, and just received a reasonable quote from the above mentioned hauling company.

They request a 50% deposit, and balance in cash at delivery. Sound fairly standard. I’ve reached out to a number of other reputable companies that I know have excellent reputations, but would like to know what people think of All Pro.

Thanks for any input![/QUOTE]
Never heard of them but if you want I can give you the number of my shipper who ships all over and does an amazing job. I also haven’t had anyone beat her on price either. She has brought show horses to me, and my 5month old Irish Draught colt

Sure, please do share your shippers contact info. I’d be grateful!

Balance cash only at delivery is a little unusual for properly licensed and insured haulers. Actually, I’ve never given them cash, except sometimes a tip, just a check or cc# and the main office handled the billing. Can’t recall paying a driver at delivery in any way. Probably used four different companies. Have helped unload hirses being delivered, never saw anybody else pay the driver either.

Make sure they ARE properly licensed and insured. Get a DOT# from them before hiring and check it out.

Perhaps you should try googling them. I just did.

:no:

[QUOTE=pleasantmeadowfarm;8000481]

Thanks for any input![/QUOTE]

I Googled them and their website says they take credit cards and Pay Pal. No mention of cash only on delivery.

It does say cash. I also saw an ad elsewhere that says they contract out to other shippers. I’m pretty sure I read a horror story about that very thing here recently.

Q. How do I pay?
A. 50% securely through Merchant Services on our website at booking and the balance due as CASH to the driver upon delivery. Online with Paypal or any major credit card or ATM.

http://www.naturalhorsetraining.com/horsetransport.html

We are a family run company and we have incorporated the assistance of some other well respected family haulers coast to coast.

[QUOTE=gumshoe;8000907]
It does say cash. I also saw an ad elsewhere that says they contract out to other shippers. I’m pretty sure I read a horror story about that very thing here recently.

Q. How do I pay?
A. 50% securely through Merchant Services on our website at booking and the balance due as CASH to the driver upon delivery. Online with Paypal or any major credit card or ATM.

http://www.naturalhorsetraining.com/horsetransport.html

We are a family run company and we have incorporated the assistance of some other well respected family haulers coast to coast.[/QUOTE]

That it does, but not on the main webpage, you have to look at the actual contract. I never saw or signed anything like that. In, fact, since they use subcontractors, wonder if they get the cc or pay pal deposit as a booker/consolidator and the guy/gal that shows up with the horse pockets the cash for actually hauling the horse. So, you actually don’t know who is going to haul until they deliver the horse and they are independent contractors, not employees. Wonder if all of these “family haulers” have a CDL ?

Dont like the fact they don’t use semis for Iowa to NJ. Only two to six horse trailers, wonder if the two horse trailers have a DOT#?

Pardon my suspicious nature but…they say everybody is licensed and insured but, you know, I am licensed to drive and my car is insured. I want to see DOT and CDL on there.

I am currently having a terrible time with them.

Failed to collect mare on contract date. No advanced warning despite numerous emails asking them to confirm they were coming on that date.

6 messages later and date passed, finally get vague email “sorry [underling] was supposed to contact you. we had a cancellation.”

So does that mean they are coming to collect horse? or are they refunding my deposit? or???
Naturally they have not replied to my questions.
And yes, they’re failure is costing me more boarding fees and God knows if I’ll have to redo my health cert/coggins again before mare finally travels.

Avoid at all costs - I had plenty of other shippers to consider but allpro promised to ship on time and was competitive.

Can I get shipper number too? Looking to go from North Dakota to Indiana