Unlimited access >

Has anyone used "Cat Water"?

We have terrible water, and one cat with a history of urinary issues and one that may be developing them. Has anyone tried the bottled Cat Water? Success or scam?

We have a faucet mounted filter, but I’m sure that only gets so much of the minerals out. For example we have to descale our coffee maker a lot more often than recommended even using the filtered tap water, and it gets a lot of white mineral flakes out with the vinegar.

We are trying to figure out how to best support our cats’ health, without completely breaking the bank, which took a hit with one blocking last summer. He has been fine since going on Hill’s c/d but he’s only about 3 and may be on it for a long time (at $70-some for 24 cans).

When our town was still completely on well water we were advised to use bottled water. We just refilled our gallon bottles at the grocery stores, very inexpensive.

1 Like

Walmart “spring water” was 88 cents a jug. I think it has gone up to $1.00 plus change. I drink it in the summer and I don’t notice any taste. Cheaper than “Cat Water”. You can try that.

1 Like

I was using bottled purified drinking water for my cats then my Mom and I got Culligan water home delivered with a dispenser. She definitely drinks the Culligan water better. The beauty of it…we can all drink it :slightly_smiling_face:. I wouldn’t get it just for the cat :stuck_out_tongue:

Susan

2 Likes

My current cat only drinks out of the toilet. #class

4 Likes

We use the same bottled water we drink ourselves, but I also offer them rain water/melted snow when available. They seem to prefer the slightly dirty melted snow/rain water. They have 3-4 water options (fountain, dog bowl, small ceramic cat bowl, and sometimes a gravity fed waterer.). Oddly, they seem to like a bucket the best (on our porch). Looks very awkward, but they seem to like the challenge.

1 Like

Ha! We have a leaking hose, which I put a bowl under.
Leaves, debris, shared access with squirrels that the go to for one of my cats.
Rainwater sounds about right😝

That is likely because the toilet gets refreshed with clean and cool water regularly. You cat does not like stagnant water, it wants fresh water.

I know, it sounds gross to you, but to your cat it is just the freshest water in the house.

Just FYI, but my cats had this issue and they’ve been doing great on Purina Pro Plan’s Urinary Line for 10+ years after that incident. It’s a lot more affordable!

We have an RO system, so I can’t answer the water question.

1 Like

This thread appeared among all the very old ones when I did a “cat fountain” search.

Our cat is getting up there in age (15, at least). She is in good health, knock on wood, and I want to keep her that way, and also make things easy for our house sitters, which is peace of mind for us.
I give her fresh water every day and let her drink from the (2x) filtered water faucet that we use for our own drinking water when she asks. But I am thinking, a fountain may be the way to go when we are not there.
Any good recommendations for stainless steel cat fountains?