Unlimited access >

Having fun with the Ponies! - Update - First Hunter Show of the Year!

Your pony is adorable! I love all 1000 copies of the pictures.

This thread is pretty hilarious to read in retrospect now that pictures are working again. Who’s on first? :joy:

2 Likes

Ha ha!! So true :rofl:

So glad the bug was resolved so we can see the pics of your amazing pony! What’s his breeding?

What is Diesel? He is adorable! So is Duke but curious about the baby!

All of my boys are family bred ponies (3rd generation) and Duke is out of a QH/Sec. B Welsh mare and British Riding Pony stallion. Diesel is out of an imported section B mare and the same British Riding Pony stallion - he is registered half welsh as well :slight_smile:

They sure are lots of fun and I’ve had a blast raising and training them.

1 Like

Love your boys! My mom’s old man we lost just the other year (at 27) was named Duke and he was a QH and best horse ever, so hopefully that transfers with the name!

1 Like

@DiamondJubilee, I just have to say that I love the smile on your face in every photo, you look so happy! What a lucky, beautiful, talented pony!

2 Likes

They are adorable! Are they by Rotherwood Bo Jangle? I’ve ridden a few of his offspring, and they have all been so much fun to ride.

These boys are by Rosedale Top Cat :slight_smile:
I know Bo Jangle and a lot of his offspring as well. They have all done very well in the hunter rings and I see quite a few of his offspring around.

1 Like

We were able to open up a bit here in Ontario and I had my first show of the year and Duke’s second hunter show ever.

There were no hack classes, equitation classes or jogs due to COVID protocols but I was so happy to just be out and show again!

Duke was so good for me and just went into the ring and jumped around for me like a star! The divisions were large (between 24 in a division and 42 in our hunter derby!) and we placed in almost every class. So proud of my boy <3

We have a few days off and then head back this coming weekend as they are back to back shows. Then a month off and back at it! I have some homework but he seemed to be so happy to be in the ring jumping around, it made me one happy girl!

Here are a few poor pictures taken from some video. There was no show photographer for our rings so some friends and my husband snapped some shots for me.

7 Likes

Wow! He is fancy schmancy! Great job at the show. You look great on him. Is he a top of the line large?

Thank you! I have only been told once that I’m too big for my pony but I didn’t listen to him lol!

Yes he is 14.2h. Sire is 14.2h and dam is 14h (has QH sire so size in her background).

Woop! Woop! He looks amazing! Congrats!