Unlimited access >

Hawk Trailer ramp material

Hi All, I am going to replace the ramp material on my trailer as it is slippery. After searching on COTH, it appears many people have purchased this material for the same reason. Could you share your experiences and your satisfaction w the change? The Hawk people were very nice on the phone. I just want to be sure I am selecting the best option. Thank you, NH

Because you have no replies! Chiming in - Hawks ramp rubber mat is extremely durable, extremely non skid, works great…
Risa
HappyTrailsTrailers.com
BalancedRideTrailers.com

Thank you, Risa!

I have a Hawk trailer, and I LOVE the ramp material. I was just telling someone about it the other day actually. It’s a little hard to clean and little bits of shavings stick in it, but I’ve never had a horse slip on it, and that’s the most important thing to me.

I absolutely LOVED the ramp on my Hawk trailer.
Even when wet, never had any worries about it being slippery.
Sweeping it was a bit of a PIA, but cleaned right up with the pressure sprayer or even a garden hose.

Agree with both of the above. My ramp is never slick even when covered in trampled poo. A little hard to clean but no other complaints. I :heart: my Hawk trailer!

Thank you to all who have replied…I was able to get a sample of the Hawk material and it appears to be exactly what my trailer (4 Star) has. I’m wondering if it has a ‘nap’ to it and this was installed incorrectly. It feels different moving my fingers left to right versus up and down. Thoughts? Thank you. NH