Headache for 9 weeks straight

Last summer I had a bad fall with my boy. He isn’t a steady Eddy or anything of the sort, but usually if he jumps, he jumps beautifully and with really great technique. Somehow, his took-off was bad and the jump was bad (we were so fucking lucky that he didn’t get caught in the damned oxer) and he somehow landed in a way that he fell on his knees and I fell over him. One of my feet got stuck in a stirrup momentarily, even though I was wearing Sprenger Bow Balance stirrups which are SUPPOSED to be safety stirrups. My foot was in a cast for a week.

And my head landed on the ground with the loudest BANG! I had a concussion and head aches daily for weeks and weeks daily. And then still head aches daily and was feeling very woozy and sleepy. Finally my chiro sent me to a neurologist, turns out, the fall aggravated a migraine in my brain. Everyone who knows what a migraine feels like, knows this NOT a fun thing. Not to mention it’s a continuous thing and can pop up at any time.

I can’t even begin to imagine what might have happened if I hadn’t been wearing a helmet.

I went to see a really good neurologist. He has waiting lists of like 6 months. He asked me about a hundred questions, pocked me with the hammer thing all over, and put me on Topamax for 6 months. At least for now. And gave me some strong ass painkillers. I also have to monitor my head aches and when I take the painkiller and do some exercises.

He also said that codeine is VERY bad for migraines and headaches. So do NOT take the painkiller with the codeine. My general practician also wrote something with it to me at first (and she didn’t want to send me to a neurologist for 6 months, and wanted to see how things go, but that’s another story…)

But you definitely need a second opinion. Headaches are no laughing matter, migraines even less.

I’m still floored a neurologist used the phrase “see stars”

Are we in Loony Tunes land??
stars or chirping birdies??

[QUOTE=purplnurpl;7430310]
I’m still floored a neurologist used the phrase “see stars”

Are we in Loony Tunes land??
stars or chirping birdies??[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, when she said that… What exactly is the clinical definition of “seeing stars”? Oh right…it doesn’t exist.

Any chance it was a PA? Even so, that is far from standard medical treatment. I hope you are able to find someone competent to see you soon.

It was actually a board certified neurologist. I’ve gotten several very good suggestions that I’ll be following up with.