Unlimited access >

Heads up about a very funny horsey Twitter account called Heard@Horseshows

First, I want to make it clear that I have no idea who is posting from this account nor do I have any affiliation with her (or him). This is solely a “this really amused me” link, not covert spammy advertising on my part.

https://twitter.com/HeardatShows

It’s an account which, as its name suggests, is a bunch of quotes supposedly overheard on the A-circuit and I have to confess I wasted more time reading it last night than I would like to admit.

I really should have a t-shirt which says: “Sometimes I get mad at my horse for being so lazy but really who am I to judge?”

LOL I deeply identify with the “Do you think they take off points if you throw up in the middle of your round?” one!

I am CRYING I’m laughing so hard…

I think my favorite is: I may have gotten a 49, but 49 backwards is 94, so who’s the real winner here?

Thanks for the heads up about this site.

“Sometimes I like to think about what an amazing rider I’d be if I could find distances” -VSF

:yes:

That is AWESOME.

Dying laughing!!! So far my favorite is the one “My trainer is making me run along side the golf cart all day because I added in a line.” I could totally see my trainer doing that to me! But I wouldn’t trade her for anything in the world!

This is awesome! It’s like the “Gossip Girl” of the “A” Circuit. Thank goodness this person wasn’t around our local schooling circuit 2 weeks ago. Lord knows I would have given them at least 50 amazing tweets! lol

This is great. Now I have another time waster:)

[QUOTE=paintjumper63;8393654]
This is great. Now I have another time waster:)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Totally!
But it has given me the phrase: Falling Off Ninja :winkgrin:

[QUOTE=Impractical Horsewoman;8393209]
I really should have a t-shirt which says: “Sometimes I get mad at my horse for being so lazy but really who am I to judge?”[/QUOTE]

If I’m not mistaken, they are making stickers now… T-Shirts will probably be next!

Great, now I may have to get a Twitter just to read this. Thanks!!

“I put “haven’t fallen off in 6 months” under the achievements section in my derby bio but then I fell off in the warmup.”

:lol:

“Sometimes I voluntarily ride without stirrups but then I’m like eh, better not”
-HITS

:lol: this has been me throughout the entire month of “no stirrups November” :lol:

[QUOTE=lachelle;8394124]
“Sometimes I voluntarily ride without stirrups but then I’m like eh, better not”
-HITS

:lol: this has been me throughout the entire month of “no stirrups November” :lol:[/QUOTE]

Me as well during my last lesson! As in “let’s first work on making sure the pony has the whole ‘whoa’ thing down before dropping my irons.”

There is a girl at my barn who is an excellent rider and who actually is a falling off ninja–literally always lands on her feet.

“If I got a dollar every time I added in a line…well I’d still be broke but maybe slightly less broke” -HITS

:yes: for me as well

[QUOTE=Lord Helpus;8393370]
I am CRYING I’m laughing so hard…

I think my favorite is: I may have gotten a 49, but 49 backwards is 94, so who’s the real winner here?

Thanks for the heads up about this site.[/QUOTE]
Hilarious! Many of them, including the one above (which I could very well have occasion to use some day :uhoh: ), could have come from the dressage ring, too.

“I came around the ingate and I heard my trainer shout “go get it!” so I went but I definitely did not get it”
-Vermont Summer Festival

really resonates with me :stuck_out_tongue:

“I really want to do leadline and win everything”- HITS

pretty much, yep!! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=ilovetheadd27;8396608]
“I really want to do leadline and win everything”- HITS

pretty much, yep!! :P[/QUOTE]

I could do leadline and I still wouldn’t win! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alterGS;8395105]
“I came around the ingate and I heard my trainer shout “go get it!” so I went but I definitely did not get it”
-Vermont Summer Festival

really resonates with me :P[/QUOTE]

This made me smile :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alterGS;8395105]
-Vermont Summer Festival

really resonates with me :P[/QUOTE]

Oh, I usually get “it.” Just that the “it” isn’t remotely like what my trainer–or me–wanted.

I just made a twitter account, purely to follow this account!