Unlimited access >

Heavy-duty phone case recommendations, please!

I finally killed my phone. Have been a devotee of Otterbox cases, but even that didn’t save it this time.

What’s your favorite (mostly) shockproof, dropproof, camera- and screen-protecting case that will still fit in a breeches thigh pocket? What has a fighting chance of holding up to barn life?

Otterbox… truly. The one I have fits in my breeches just fine, and I’ve dropped the damn thing more times than I care to admit. So far so good.

2 Likes

I like LifeProof. Mine currently looks worse for wear, but it works. My phone lives on a dusty shelf at the barn, rides in my pocket, and has been flung across arenas and dropped off of forklifts/out of trucks more times than I can count. It’s pretty low profile and keeps the dust and water out, so that’s all I need!

1 Like

I have a twenty dollar Amazon case called “Beastek” that is indeed, a beast. I’ve had it for almost two years and while not being completely waterproof anymore is totally dust/weather repellent and shock proof. I will never spend more money on a case again, definitely recommend my phone still looks new underneath.

I like the Spigen Tough Armor cases. They’re a great price on Amazon and hold up to all manner of abuse, including the barn. Not bulky at all. I’ve had them on my last three phones and never had any damage even though I’m rough on my phones.

1 Like

I am HARD on my phones. It gets dropped, a lot. My previous iPhone XR was in a lifeproof case, and the case was absolutely beat but my phone looked brand new once I pulled it out of the case.

The other half surprised me with a new iPhone 15, and I bought this case (link to follow), since I couldn’t find a lifeproof on Amazon for it. It’s just as good as a lifeproof, I’m super happy with it

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0C9HX2T32?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Otterbox plus a stick on screen protector for extra insurance!

Thanks all! New case for new phone is on the way.