Unlimited access >

Helite guarantee

Has anyone had an issue with their vest? My daughter’s started to unzip from the bottom while riding on the odd occasion. How have Helite dealt with it?
We have taken it back where we bought it and they will send it in. Just hoping to hear about others experiences as I can’t find anything online.

I’ve had mine for almost a year and love it. Ride in it every single ride, 5 times a week.
That said, it did split open at the bottom once, right after I bought it. I took it back to the retailer and they did it up multiple times with it on me - they even made it explode - with no issues. I did not contact Helite.
I just take my time - always bare hands/no gloves on - and make absolutely sure that the zipper is done up properly. I give it tug-test every time before I mount.
You don’t say how old your daughter is, but if she’s quite young perhaps she needs someone to help her do it up and make sure it’s secure.

She’s 12 so I’m rather sure she’s doing it up correctly.

1 Like

This happened to me a few times in my Seaver. I just make sure that I am doing it up right and pull on the bottom a bit to make sure it doesn’t come apart. It feels like I am doing it up right all the time, but sometimes the zipper misses a little.

1 Like

Just got my Seaver vest yesterday! How do you like yours?

I really like it! Luckily I haven’t fallen off in it yet * knock wood * but I love how light it is. Weirdly, my reaction when I think something is going to go wrong is to try to unclip myself – which defeats the purpose of the vest! I feel super safe in it and would totally recommend.

No knowledge of how Helite would deal with it but came to say I have seen multiple people have this same issue with the Helite vests.

Have those people contacted Helite about the issue? I used to work in quality assurance & safety, and consumer communication/complaints will often prompt a root cause analysis. We know not everyone who experiences an issue will complain, so multiple complaints about the same issue typically means it is worth investigating.

Not that I know of. These were people I either saw in passing at horse shows or don’t know super well. Wish I could be of more help!