Hello

I was a long time lurker. Had accidents. Decided to sign up. Can’t ride any longer. Mostly can’t walk much and am about 60 - 70 percent blind in one eye.

Welcome! I’m so sorry to hear about your accidents.

Welcome to the board!

Why not volunteer at a therapeutic riding center? I know I can always use the help and can always find a job suitable to someone’s ability and stamina. Don’t give up your horsie time!

Hi! Welcome!
I second the volunteering at a therapeutic center! There is always something that needs to be done, and the more hands helping the better! =)

I am so sorry to hear that you cannot ride. How can we be of assistance to you on the forums? Do you need advice? Looking to volunteer, perhaps, or maybe just commiserate? I cannot honestly say that I am disabled - I broke my hip in 2009 and do not ride at the (not very high) level I used to, but I do still ride and show. But happy to help in any way I can as I am sure everyone else is as well.

Were these equestrian accidents?

Hi, im new too! I found this site after looking for info about my “issues” and I never knew that so many riders have the same or worse injuries! Im sorry that you cant ride any longer but Im sure you can find ways to be around horses! Ive got spinal and neck problems, now a hip issue. I am also almost blind in my left eye, I see color, thats about it. I havent ridden since I was younger and Im looking to get back into it and reading about all these brave people on here gives me major encouragement!