Unlimited access >

Helmet recommendation

Hello, I have a size 7 3/4 - 7 7/8 noggin and can never find helmets that fit! I have a more oval shaped head but traditional shapes do fit. I would love to get MIPS because of previous concussions. Any suggestions?

Hi, I’m the same size as you. I usually get a helmet brand that is considered oval vs. round. Also, if you get a dial fit, you can make slight adjustments so the helmet fits you comfortably. Not sure which brands you’ve worn in the past, but Tipperary, IRH, and Ovation tend to fit me well. I just got the Tipperary Windsor MIPS helmet and it fits great and was reasonably priced (on sale). Had gotten an Uvex MIPS, and while it felt good, I noticed it slipped slightly after a couple jump lessons, fit is very important. Everyone is different…

Where did you find a Tipperary over 7 5/8? I’ve only seen up to 7 5/8

Ooopss…so sorry @Jazz1, I read your post as 6 7/8! Totally my bad :frowning:

1 Like

You’re right at the upper edge of the OneK XXL (they say it fits 7 5/8 - 7 3/4), which they do offer in the long oval shape. I suspect it could go either way on whether it fits, but might be worth trying.

Ovations don’t have MIPS, however. But they have good sizes!

I have a size 7 5/8 and can ONLY wear Tramavoid(Lynx mips size L) and Charles Owen (ayr8 7 5/8) and One K (mips ccs xxl). I’ve been riding for 35 years and worn a lot of helmets.
My husband wears a 7 3/4 and can ONLY wear Charles Owen (7 3/4 in gr8 and ayr8) so far. He had a GPA before that fit but that was so many years ago that I don’t even remember what it was. We just ordered him a one k from bit of Britain in the xxl long oval but it cam in the regular xxl (their mistake so sending the xxl/lo next) and it did not fit at all. I don’t anticipate that the one k is going to work. We will probably just end up back at CO. I think the Champion helmets might also work but I don’t like the way they look as much. Fingers crossed for the one k xxl/lo. Good luck.