Unlimited access >

Helmet Suggestions

I am beginning to think that I have the hardest head to fit in the entire world. I have an old International helmet that I love, but unfortunately, the visor got cracked in an incident last week, so I have to stop procrastinating and get a new helmet. I have tried so many on and stumped many retailers at Equine Affair.

So…I’m turning to you guys. What are your favorite helmets? Do any of you have hard to fit heads? If so, how do you combat it? Thank you so much!

I just fit a very hard to fit girl with a One K Air. They come with a small pump in the back that will push air into your gaps. She loves it.

I unfortunately don’t think anything we can say about having a favorite helmet will help you. I have a hard to fit head as well, and you just need to keep trying on helmets until you find one that fits you. What I may say is my favorite may be a horrible fit for your head! It may seem tiring, but a good fitting helmet is very important.

One K has two different shapes and I’ve had good luck with them. For the REALLY REALLY impossible fits I turn to Uvex. They aren’t the prettiest helmets but they do the job.

Hard to fit in what way? Too big, too round, too oval?

It seems that my head is too big and too round. I generally have major pressure points in the front and back when trying on helmets. If I find one that doesn’t do that, it doesn’t want to sit on my head properly, if that makes sense?

Looks like a trip to Dover is in my near future…

[QUOTE=chalice18;8723667]
It seems that my head is too big and too round. I generally have major pressure points in the front and back when trying on helmets. If I find one that doesn’t do that, it doesn’t want to sit on my head properly, if that makes sense?

Looks like a trip to Dover is in my near future…[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean because I have this exact same problem. Large, round head that never fits into the “oval” shaped helmets. I can’t even get the largest size Samshield on my head.

My go to helmet is the GPA. I had the titanium and now have the Speed Air. I love them both and don’t have the issue of the pressure points. My Speed Air had to be adjusted a little, the people who fitted me just put a strip of lining on the inner part and now it fits like a glove.

Depending on how big your head is, you might also fit into a Samshield. They are great because they are designed to not put pressure on the front of your head. Just wish they would make them in a rounder shape for those of us with big round heads lol.

[QUOTE=nycequestrian;8723736]
I know exactly what you mean because I have this exact same problem. Large, round head that never fits into the “oval” shaped helmets. I can’t even get the largest size Samshield on my head.

My go to helmet is the GPA. I had the titanium and now have the Speed Air. I love them both and don’t have the issue of the pressure points. My Speed Air had to be adjusted a little, the people who fitted me just put a strip of lining on the inner part and now it fits like a glove.

Depending on how big your head is, you might also fit into a Samshield. They are great because they are designed to not put pressure on the front of your head. Just wish they would make them in a rounder shape for those of us with big round heads lol.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I will definitely try it out. Glad to know I’m not the only one! :slight_smile:

After making the long trip to Dover and back today, I can say I finally found a helmet! The Ovation Deluxe Schooler was the second brand they had me try and it fit like a dream! So relieved! I do wish it came in a bigger size, as though the M/L fits well, I have to have it let all the way out on the dial. But for $42 on sale, I am not going to complain!

I saw a Uvex and thought it didn’t make you look like you have a large bubble on your head,

I wear a 7 1/2 in GPA. I’ve never been able to wear CO or any of the others…I understand the struggle! I’ve had both the regular original one and now the speed air! Best way is to go and try them all on!