Unlimited access >

Help Identifying Metal Siding

I need some help identifying who manufactured or could supply the siding shown in this picture. We want to add onto our barn and would like to match the siding. I guess I am not able to attach pictures. There are two ribs close together (~4" apart) then flatte section about 5" wide with a very shallow rib (~1/2" tall) then ~5" wide before the next 2 ribs.

Have you tried looking at local building supply stores - Lowe’s - Home Depot, etc.?

The sheet metal display is often quite small, or non-existent, but they should have a book you can look in with styles, colors, gauges, etc. and you can just order what you need cut-to-length. Comes strapped to a pallet that gets loaded on your trailer or you can usually have it delivered, too.

Matching old siding can be VERY hard, since manufacturers change patterns every few years. We learned this when we went to add-on to the barn, couldn’t find the same siding.

We ended up going with and “almost” match to the ribbing, same color. It looks pretty good, can’t tell a difference until you get quite close, 8-10ft from the barn.

Some barn builders like Morton have their own siding made to their specs, probably don’t change the ribbing patterns like what is sold in local lumber yards or the box stores. We got our siding from a very good local lumber yard, he explained the pattern changes by metal siding manufacturers. No he didn’t have any old siding, ours in red had been a special order. He was very helpful in finding the new ‘almost’ matching pattern to go with the barn expansion we did.

So good luck in finding siding that matches or is very close to what you have now.

All the metal roofing manufacturers (also make the stuff used as siding) I know, or have dealt with, have the same profiles, and even the same colors, although the colors may be called a different name. Colors wll change a little over time. I expect they all buy roll formers and dies from the same place, and probably rolls of colored metal from the same supplier too.

Fabral usually has a complete pdf catalog online.

if you link a photo from a site, such as Facebook or photobucket.

Picture?

kind of need to know what country you are in but will assume the US

here is a link that has the more common profiles of metal roofing used in the US with measurements

http://www.abcmetalroofing.com/rc_panel.html