Unlimited access >

Help me decide on a stallion

I have a very nice correct Hanoverian mare By Pablo she’s maiden and 15.3h on a good day. She is great mover, jumper, refined with sweet kind willing disposition. I’m looking at breeding her next spring to checkmate or amazing. I would like to add a little more size, bone and a little less blood. Anyone have any experience with these or can advise me on these?

How old is your mare? What is the other half of her pedigree?

I don’t think you can go wrong with Amazing.

I love Checkmate, and plan to breed one of mine to him next spring. That being said, I don’t think he reliably adds height. Amazing is also lovely, but again, the BdR sons also don’t add height in my experience.
if you’re not looking for ‘tall’ I think either stallion would give you a very nice foal.

That would be a very good Relevantus/Zorro cross as far as adding height and a quiet disposition. His offspring are unflappable and jump! My favorite cross with your mare for a great conformation type and jump is Lord Adonis, And all our stallions for your Pablo mare are at half price! We have a lot of choices but call me if you have a question. www.eurequine.com

Agree with the Relevantus recommendation. I think he’d be a great choice.

The only Amazing offspring that I’ve seen in person had a super hind end over fences, but really jumped over her shoulder. The angles just weren’t there. She’s also quite hot. She was bred as a hunter, but ended up in the jumper ring.
Very pretty to look at, some bone, but not big. Maybe 16hh? Smaller than the dam.

The Checkmates that I’ve seen have been young, 3 and under. But all were nice movers, correct, and sensible to handle. All gave the impression that they would mature to be 16hh+.

If it was one or the other, I would go with Checkmate.

for a hunter, cunningham would be a great match.