Unlimited access >

Help me find the best price for custom boots in Canada? (Konig)

Hi all,

I am going to finally get a new pair of boots! I am looking to get a pair of Konig semi to fully custom boots. I have tried to internet search and email stores, but not getting a lot of success :no:

Do you have a good source for custom Konigs? I am willing to order from Europe, but kinda nervous if they don’t come out right. The Canadian dollar sucks compared to the US, so unless it’s a crazy deal the exchange might not be worth it.

Also any comments on Donadeos? or Deniro?

Thanks!!

PS thoughts on colour?? I’m super tempted to get something other than black…Show me your pics!!! How good did the colour stay after lots of use? Would you do it again?

Calevo, hands down for full custom konigs. Even with importation tax etc it was practically half the cost of US. I also got a pair of custom konig half chaps.

If you email them they have an English speaking rep who’s very helpful with measurements. You fill out a form. You can even send her pics of your leg with the measuring tape if you’re unsure about measuring.

I also opted for elastic gusset. They have zippers etc, whatever you want.

I will second the Calevo suggestion, I have bought several pairs of boots from them. Also, look on eBay for a seller with the name “kittybee”. She is located in Germany and is wonderful to work with.

Thanks for the Calevo love, makes it more tempting! Were these custom measurements? Did everything come out to the measurements you provided mlb722 and keysfin? Thanks again!

I had a pair of custom DeNiro’s made and they are wonderful. Fit like a glove. Basically no breaking in time at all. I wear them ALL the time for schooling and never had a blister or a painful rub.
I bought brown boots and love how they came out. Im thinking about getting a black pair for shows. I ride in the brown boots almost every day. Great!
Plan ahead when you order them - it was about six weeks from the date of order to when they arrived.

I was concerned at first about the zipper which is in the side of the boot torwards the front. But it is not a problem. The zipper is covered and is located such that it does not get anywhere near the saddle…something I was concerned about when they came out of the box but has not been a problem at all. Very comfy. Highly recommend them

Third Calevo. No problem at all.

NJR

[QUOTE=Moogles;8074631]
Thanks for the Calevo love, makes it more tempting! Were these custom measurements? Did everything come out to the measurements you provided mlb722 and keysfin? Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Yes, custom measurements all around. I had another pair of konigs so I knew the shoe size I needed.

Yes, in fact konig contacted Calevo and suggested I add the elastic due to the width before they made the boots.

[QUOTE=mlb722;8074990]
Yes, custom measurements all around. I had another pair of konigs so I knew the shoe size I needed.

Yes, in fact konig contacted Calevo and suggested I add the elastic due to the width before they made the boots.[/QUOTE]

Ok so I’m pretty sure this is the route I’m going to go. Calevo has a discount system, did this apply to your order? When I put the boots in my cart, I didn’t see it come up. I’ve emailed them but no response yet. Also, did you send a outline of your feet and all that or did you just send your “numbers” in? One girl on a blog said she sent a snail mail of her foot outline etc to ensure a good fit. Is this really needed? Thanks…I’m excited and hope this works!!

[QUOTE=Moogles;8079675]
Ok so I’m pretty sure this is the route I’m going to go. Calevo has a discount system, did this apply to your order? When I put the boots in my cart, I didn’t see it come up. I’ve emailed them but no response yet. Also, did you send a outline of your feet and all that or did you just send your “numbers” in? One girl on a blog said she sent a snail mail of her foot outline etc to ensure a good fit. Is this really needed? Thanks…I’m excited and hope this works!![/QUOTE]

It will come up on the final total when you check out. I’m ordering another pair that will bump me into the 15% discount plus losing the 19% VAT is a big deal. They come out very inexpensive, relatively speaking.

I ordered through Bahr Saddlery using their “top measurer”. Nightmare experience. Took almost a year, boots had to be sent back once due to incorrect measurements. I went for months without a response to e-mails, phone calls etc.
I actually contacted someone who knew the responsible person to see if there had been a death or family crisis that would explain the lack of communication. Boots were prepaid and when they finally arrived without explanation, are perfect. Way too much angst involved though.

[QUOTE=mlb722;8073575]
Calevo, hands down for full custom konigs. Even with importation tax etc it was practically half the cost of US. I also got a pair of custom konig half chaps.

If you email them they have an English speaking rep who’s very helpful with measurements. You fill out a form. You can even send her pics of your leg with the measuring tape if you’re unsure about measuring.

I also opted for elastic gusset. They have zippers etc, whatever you want.[/QUOTE]

I second this! I’m about to order them from Calevo because it’s insanely cheap. Just received the measurement guide in english.

Do you have any measurement tips for these? I’m a little nervous measuring myself!

[QUOTE=Mirakel;8080027]
I second this! I’m about to order them from Calevo because it’s insanely cheap. Just received the measurement guide in english.

Do you have any measurement tips for these? I’m a little nervous measuring myself![/QUOTE]

Can you PM me the English guide? I still haven’t heard back form them yet :frowning:

[QUOTE=Mirakel;8080027]

Do you have any measurement tips for these? I’m a little nervous measuring myself![/QUOTE]

I just used their directions. Have someone else help you hold the tape. I also took pics of the measuring tape held up to my leg and sent them to the rep.

I will say in retrospect I should have ordered them a hair longer due to the break in drop, but it’s not noticeable or a fit issue.

I ordered from Kittybee and she was fantastic. Walked me through the measuring process and all the costs involved with different options. I ended up getting elastic gussets just to be safe and the boots are perfect!

Hi! It’s a PDF and I don’t think I can attach it to a PM. If you want, PM me your email address and I’d be happy to send it to you!

[QUOTE=mlb722;8083030]
I just used their directions. Have someone else help you hold the tape. I also took pics of the measuring tape held up to my leg and sent them to the rep.

I will say in retrospect I should have ordered them a hair longer due to the break in drop, but it’s not noticeable or a fit issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! One more thing… I have really skinny ankles. My trainer says Konigs tend to have wide ankles. Did you find this to be true? I’m wondering, since they are customs, if they can change the ankle width… or if I shouldn’t worry about it.

I had no problems with measurements when ordering from Calevo. It is always more accurate to have another person do your measurements.

After you send your measurements, Calevo will send you a form confirming the order: boot style, calf and height measurements, and any “extras”. You sign to confirm the order, scan, and send back in an email. If you don’t have a scanner, you can take a photo of the form with your phone, and email that to them.

The discount system is based on what you spend. I have purchased several pairs of boots, bridles, browbands and other items, and have been very happy with the service.

One note to remember if your custom boots or other items, like Otto Schumacher or Passier bridles, will be made in Germany (and possibly other European countries). There is a summer vacation time around August, and manufacturing shuts down for 4-6 weeks! Try to get your order in well before that. Last year I placed a custom order for several items in late July, and I had to wait until late September/early October to receive my order. Fortunately, nothing I ordered was urgently needed.

[QUOTE=Mirakel;8083223]
Thanks! One more thing… I have really skinny ankles. My trainer says Konigs tend to have wide ankles. Did you find this to be true? I’m wondering, since they are customs, if they can change the ankle width… or if I shouldn’t worry about it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I’m not sure, everything about my leg is wide, so maybe! If they are full customs, they can probably address it if you ask.