Unlimited access >

Help me name my filly

I am picking up a blue roan filly on Friday. She does have a registered name She’s tangled up in blue. I looked it up and it means she’s chronically depressed in slang. Really not auspicious. Fortunately with the association she is in so long as there are no registered foals the name can be changed. I’m looking at gemstones. flowers, things like azure harmony, sapphire dream. But nothing is sticking. This is the pedigree.

Any ideas? She is a darker blue roan.

1 Like

Little Miss Bluebell

Lapis Lazuli

2 Likes

How about BaeBay Blue

2 Likes

I see that there are horses with Velvet in her pedigree, so maybe something including Blue Velvet? Blue Topaz is a gemstone.

4 Likes

I would keep her name! Beautiful song by Bob Dylan. My favorite cover is by the Indigo Girls. Take a listen on YouTube before you decide!

Of course, Indigo Girl could work as a name also!

7 Likes

We need a picture of this blue girl!

2 Likes

There is gold, golden, velvet, blue, ebony and red in hers pedigree.

Blue Velvet Cupcake
Sapphires Sparkle (there are two sparkles in her history)
Blue Demi

I am hitting a wall with this. I actually like Tangled up in Blue

5 Likes

I’d probably keep Tangled Up In Blue, as well. But if you really want to change it… I kind of assumed she’s a QH by the names, but if that doesn’t apply, just pass on those western related.

Blue Danube (Waltz)
(She’s) Singing the Blues
Blue Velvet Band (OLD cowboy song)
Blue Velvet Sky
She’s True Blue
Denim and Sparkle
Denim and Pearls
Lapis Azul
Azulene
Bluebonnet Blues (a favorite Chris Ledeux song :grin:)
Blue Eyes That Sparkle
Blue Eyes & Freckles (Chris Ledeux again)

1 Like

The pedigree you posted says the name is She’s Tangled Up In Blue. Is that her or a full sibling? If that’s her, I’d keep the name. I’d keep her current name to. To heck with current slang.

@JBCool a QH won’t have anything signed in Tennessee! :wink:

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: Nobody had said what she was and didn’t see an association on the papers, so I was just guessing!

Looks like she’s a Tennessee Walking Horse. I didn’t know they came in roan.

I had a TB/QH as a kid that was a blue roan, and I love that color.

1 Like

Blue Suede Shoes comes to mind for some reason.

1 Like

Walkin’ the Blues

3 Likes

That’s her I screwed up in the post I fixed it. The more I research Tangled up in blue the song or the slang term that inspired the song, the more I dislike it. I’ve listened to two different versions of the song and I’ll never listen to either one again. Not to my taste at all.

1 Like

Dylan!

For Bob Dylan, who made the song famous

Out of the Blue

Which I thought of, out of the blue, last night.

2 Likes

This would be my choice.

1 Like

She’s a Rhapsody in Blue

2 Likes

Blue Streak
Blue Moon

1 Like

She’s TWH?