Unlimited access >

Help me pick a stallion for this year

My mare Rocktop Dreamer by Orestus (Indoctro) out of a Flagmount King mare competed to the 2* level of eventing/ 1.20 jumping before an injury sidelined her. She had an absolutely stunning filly by Corland last year who I will keep (firstly she’s perfect, secondly it’s my first foal so there’s that :slight_smile:)
She’s carrying a colt by Duke of Hearts xx that I am intending to keep a colt for the time being until we can see what sort of quality he is. I think this pedigree could be useful in American eventing if he is as quality as the filly is.
So this year…. I would like to go commercial as now it’s probably time to breed to sell one.
I have one dose of Corland left, 2 doses of Duke of Hearts xx (but I’d like to use him at some point on my Chacoa mare), or?? Go somewhere else with this? I am willing to invest the money as she has proven to be a good producer. She has an excellent temperament and lovely confirmation as well.

Wow, that sounds like a nice mare… What are you wanting to improve on her? And, do you care about registry options?

I am guessing you want to keep or increase the blood with this mare?

Do keep us updated on the Duke of Hearts xx colt. That will be a very exciting prospect. What made you pick him?

Right now, breeders in my circle are very excited about Isselhook’s First Sight, Utopie, and Sandro Star.

I am watching Quiberon, Future Hepsilon, and Kros. These three look like promising future sport sires.

1 Like

If the Corland was stunning a good choice. Maybe see what this foal looks like when born.