Unlimited access >

Help Me Spend Money Round Two: Figure 8 Bridle

Has anyone tried the Glorioso Grackle Bridle from PEI? reasonably priced, even with shipping to US. https://www.premierequine.co.uk/products/glorioso-grackle-bridle?variant=37545444671655

Ooh I like that! The monocrown contour looks perfect.

1 Like

I really like the look of it and the price ! I’m trying to justify the buy …

Do it as a community service and then tell us all about it! :innocent:

Does anyone know how PEI’s bridle sizing runs?

Oh I would love to lol I’m always up for retail therapy (though totally restricted on budget) … I currently use a flash and don’t really need a figure 8 bridle … but I like it :upside_down_face:

I have a cob crank bridle from them and it runs true to size, fits my 16.3 TB who has a very cob sized head on the middle holes of cheek pieces.

2 Likes

Some people don’t like Eponia and have reported poor customer service, which I believe. I’ve been very happy with mine but there is a distinct quality difference between their black and brown bridles. The quality of my Ginger (brown) is much higher than the quality of my Violet Water (black bridle). I’m happy with both but something to consider if you’re looking for black tack, I think the only brands that really make good black tack are Passier, Kieffer, and Antares.

Interestingly, I had the opposite experience with the Eponia’s black vs brown bridles. My husband and I both have the Max 2-in-1 bridles. The leather on my black bridle is softer and “cushier” in the crown. The quality of his brown version is still pretty good but mine feels nicer. The keepers on his are also really tight. I’d still recommend their bridles but I also agree that their customer support sucks if you need to reach anyone with questions.

I did recently try the figure 8 attachment on my slightly smaller headed new horse and the chin strap is waaay long and needs probably 3 new holes punched. But I think it was fine on our senior horse who has a more normal/bigger end of normal size head.

Reveal time!

Drumroll………

I went with the Nunn Finer. It fits him perfectly. I was surprised the noseband is the perfect size, it’s all full size and he’s normally on the smallest holes but in this one, he’s right in the middle.

The leather is DREAMY. But the instructions say to condition it first so I’m going to do that, plus I need to put the bit keepers on it because he was having big mad feelings about not having them :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Looks great!!

It’s also confirmed that he does not care about the crownpiece, so it’s all me :joy: I know when I upgrade his dressage bridle later in the season, I’ll be looking at anatomical monocrowns only but I’m glad that he doesn’t really care either way.