Unlimited access >

Help Plz. Tact or Education Needed. [a short novel]

[QUOTE=Blind Alter;3324152]

Hubby is suggesting that I get back into training here at the new farm just to stir the pot, he’s such a little biddy sometimes.

On the other hand, she’s probably building a nice client base for me :yes:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a fun plan to me! :lol:

Okay, things are getting out of hand. I received an email and just as I sniped back my response her and her boyfriend came here.

I don’t have time to get into their visit, which was brief but entertaining. I promise I’ll come back and fill you all in. I need to go pick up the kids.

Here’s the email. This woman needs a straight jacket.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:24 PM
To: my farm
Subject: Kadie

It was brought to my attention that you have posted a thread about me on COTH. I repectfuly ask that you remove all your comments and refrences to Kadie I have her posted on my web site under that name and I don’t want my clients to think it’s the same animal.

My repsonse:

For the love of all things holy, you’ve got a few crayons missing out of your box don’t you?

#1) It IS the same horse (or animal as you put it).

#2) Why would you be posting anything about Kade? Seriously. Why? And why a photo of ME riding her two years ago?

#3) You stole that photo off of MY website. Since you’ve only linked it, I don’t need to ask that you remove it. I’ve taken down ALL of Kade’s photos and photos of all my other horses (just in case) until I can watermark them. If you now check your blog/website, you’ll find a big empty box. Go steal someone else’s horse photos.

#4 The thread stays. I’ve posted under an alter to protect my identity and yours. But, please feel free to come onto COTH and out yourself.

#5) For the last damn time, it’s K A D E. Not Kadie, there’s no “i”. If you’re going to steal photos and make a web page/blog about someone else’s horse, at least get the name right.

Wow. Is she really young or something?

OK, BA, time to back away. You seem like a reasonable person and there is no reason for this to escalate. You’ve already come to an understanding with the trainer that you two will no longer be working together. For your peace of mind, just let it go.

Unfortunately, what you described is common. Doing what your “trainer” did is easy money - a lot easier than actually working cattle. And, they can claim to others that they did “so much” with the horse. :no:

My teaser stallion is actually a world champion in western pleasure and had been started on cows. He’d been standing around for a while so I took him to a highly recommended cutting trainer. Much like your mare, he is a very well trained horse - just needed some cattle work. Somehow, that turned into the horse being “an outlaw” that that “little lady couldn’t even lead” and this cutting trainer was able to fix all his problems. Except he didn’t really put him on cows and other than being thinner, the horse wasn’t any more broke when he came back. At least Kade wasn’t made out to be a crazed fire breathing bronc. :lol:

I’m sorry it happened. I totally understand the new-to-town thing and have definitely been in your shoes. I’d also be alarmed at the how the trainer is now behaving.

Good luck with it!!

#3) You stole that photo off of MY website. Since you’ve only linked it, I don’t need to ask that you remove it. I’ve taken down ALL of Kade’s photos and photos of all my other horses (just in case) until I can watermark them. If you now check your blog/website, you’ll find a big empty box. Go steal someone else’s horse photos.

Geez, ya coulda had soooooo much fun if you’d not told her anything about that and just replaced the picture on your site with a graphic (with the same file name as your previous Kade picture) of a cartoon trainer – like a “something I found funny” item that would take on a whole new meaning when linked out of context on her site.

When confronted, you act all confused and wonder why anybody would be pilfering things off your website.

{We SO need a devil emoticon here!!!}

Just wondering… is your trainer lady perhaps an “Expert horse rider on behalf of Expert Village”??? :wink:

[QUOTE=shakeytails;3324437]
Just wondering… is your trainer lady perhaps an “Expert horse rider on behalf of Expert Village”??? ;)[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY what I was thinking - Sara Stettner, wasn’t that her name?!

This loopy trainer claims to be certified, right? In which case, report her to whoever/whatever certified her for unprofessional behaviour and utter lack of training, perhaps…

What is a certified trainer and just how do you become one? Call 1-888-Struthers? Take an exam? Pass a written test?

1 Like

ignore her

try to ignore her, but if she accosts you again, keep saying “no thank you”. she’ll tell everyone you are crazy, and she might have people who think she is a wonderful trainer, because they don’t know any better.
just say “no thanks” when she offers to train your youngsters, and “no” when she asks to post your mare on her website. and check to make sure your mare is not on her website, the idiot husband of a crazy BO I had boarded with, look video pix of my Hessen running around and has posted them on his automobile website. A great endorsement for a spouse-abuser’s restored jag website.
so when she asks for a reference, say “no, cannot do that, sorry”.
don’t try to spar with her cause she’ll just get you into arguments. and raise your blood pressure.

can’t you do that online?

[QUOTE=JohnDeere;3324537]
What is a certified trainer and just how do you become one? Call 1-888-Struthers? Take an exam? Pass a written test?[/QUOTE]

I think you can do it online, or in several weeks of courses at universities with ag depts.

With all that ground work, maybe she’s Pirelli certified? :eek:

Isnt Pirelli a tire?

Might be more effective in this case to use the tires than the proper spelling?

I thought maybe there was some hidden COTH meaning…aka people who try but cant follow Pat.

Maybe I can start a new COTHism?

someone snitched?

oh great, did someone snitch to her about your post of coth or does she post here too?
and she already has used your horse with you riding her on her website w/o permission?
first off, put c. 2008 on the bottom front of all your pix before you repost.
then tell her it’s $25000 per pix to use them, up front. (why don’t I have the little copyright symbol on my computer)
and watch out for that showing up at your house to confront you stuff. it can escalate.
be careful. if she is this “emotional” shall we say, then you need to be careful. for you and your family and your horses/dogs, etc.

[QUOTE=greysandbays;3324366]
Geez, ya coulda had soooooo much fun if you’d not told her anything about that and just replaced the picture on your site with a graphic (with the same file name as your previous Kade picture) of a cartoon trainer – like a “something I found funny” item that would take on a whole new meaning when linked out of context on her site.

When confronted, you act all confused and wonder why anybody would be pilfering things off your website.

{We SO need a devil emoticon here!!!}[/QUOTE]

Darn it. I didn’t think of that.

Whomever asked if she was young; no, she’s maybe five years younger than me which would make her around thirty.

So to the visit: I hit the “send” button and I hear a car coming in the drive. Hubby yells up that it’s TL and she’s not alone. [Insert large sigh here] I walk downstairs and out to the porch and hubby, TL and her boyfriend are standing there. Soon as I got close enough, she began yelling at me about this thread and anything else she could think of. She even yelled at me about my horses name “because Kade is a stupid name and everyone will call her Kadie anyways”.

Given her ridiculous behavior the previous day, hubby and I had already firmly decided this woman had a few missing parts in the melon department and had come to find it amusing. So when she began yelling at me, but hubby and I started to smirk. So the boy friend jumped in with “if you’re such a pro, how come you’re getting TL to train for you”, then TL jumped in with an ever poinient “Yeah, how come you’re asking me to train”.

I said very little. I mostly couldn’t. For starters I was on the verge of bursting into an all out belly laugh and I really didn’t want to do that and secondly, the two of them wouldn’t shut up. I’m going to get killed breaking my own horses; I don’t have a “degree”; I had no right to start this thread; I had no business “wrecking” her website. All I could manage to squeak out, and I still couldn’t do it with a straight face, was “I don’t have anything new to say to you. You haven’t listened to anything I’ve said in the last five weeks and I’m not going to waste my breath thinking you’ll start now. So if you wouldn’t mind leaving our farm now and not coming back”.

So that was it. They toddled off to their little car and she dropped the rolled up paper she had in her hand (which turned out to be a printed copy of this thread, so now I know her user name on this board, another brilliant move) and they both flipped us the finger as they drove out the lane, which was just the perfect touch of class.

Hubby and I spent a few minutes laughing. I had a small pause about the fact that I’m new around here and this is NOT how I wanted things to go, then hubby and I laughed some more.

When I picked up the boys from their new friend’s house TL’s name did come up. Apparently she is known as being a bit of a fruit cake.

I just hope she stays away from me. I plan on giving her a wide birth should I run into her anywhere. And hubby and I are going to seriously consider putting up an indoor and getting me back into training full time. Think I’ll let the dust settle first though.

snortfew straws short indeed…

Itll take a whilt to get an indoor built. Start on it right away. Thatll fix her lil red wagon if she sees you training other horses!

Just read the whole thing. Unbelievable. And yet believable. I’ve known a couple of people like this, not horse trainers but if they had been, this is how they’d do it.

Have a good laugh, build your indoor, and steer clear. And go feed a few extra carrots to Kade.