Unlimited access >

Help Pricing a Saddle?!

I need help pricing a saddle that I’m about to list. It’s been great for my guy when he was still too skinny, but he’s since gained weight and our saddle fitter says it’s no longer a good fit. I asked her what she thought I could sell it for-but she said these saddles range in price so much that it’s hard to give a good idea without looking online herself.

It’s a Black Country Vinici Tex Eventer from 2012 I believe. It’s a monoflap with the surge panels, so it has the wool underside to it. Buffalo leather, 17.5” medium tree. It’s in really great condition, but it is on the older side. I see what they are listed at new, but the new Vinicis are very different from the old ones-so I really don’t know. Anyone got any ideas?? (I am based in the US, fyi).

All my saddles were bought used. Id expect anything other than as new to be 50 per cent of list price and if it’s older, out of style, or shows wear, to be significantly less than that. Then if no one shows interest the market has spoken, drop the price more. Did you buy new and keep it for 12 years? If not, take what you paid second hand and drop that a bit.

1 Like

The BC Tex Eventer is sometimes a hard sell since its their less well known models. I sold many used BCs so for that model at 12 years old, Id try listing it at around $1600 give or take? There is a great 2nd Hand Black Country Saddle in the US page of Facebook too. Hope this helps!

I found one that was just sold a month or two ago for $2k so that’s what I listed it at. The one I saw didn’t have a year listed but looked exactly the same as mine and had the serge panels as well. Looked in worse condition than mine as well so that’s what I put it at, assuming I’ll get some offers a bit lower than that. We’ll see how it pans out!